“Broken glass crack pipe found on bed!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown Northeast

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown Northeast
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown Northeast to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown Northeast
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2755 North Panam Expressway, I-35 North, San Antonio, TX 78208   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #164 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Broken glass crack pipe found on bed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

I see reviews of people paying 48 dollars a night and thats the type of hotel this is. However through "vacations made easy" i received this hotel for about 170 a night after" VME" failed to secure our mini vacation at two other hotels. The neighborhood is ghetto the hotel is ghetto. As soon as i opened the door i noticed the room stunk. I set on the bed and found a piece of a broken glass crack pipe. Yes a freaking crack pipe, and no Im not mistaken Im employed with a drug task force in west Texas. So this is the environment i get for my wife and 5 year old child for 170 dollars a night.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Braunfels, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Ok.... this is NOT a 4 star hotel but for $48.00 a night, we did not expect it to be. We stayed 3 nights and spent very little time at the hotel. The curtains and bed spread were mismatched, but the room was clean overall. The bed was surprisingly comfy. The bathroom was very small but there was large vanity area outside of it. The microwave and fridge were handy since we had lots of leftovers. The location was great since we traveled around the city from Lackland to New Braunfels. Very easy access to I-35. Would stay again if I just needed a place to crash at night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Garland, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

I needed an economical room with easy access to downtown convention center. My first impression of this hotel was negative. Pulling into the parking lot, the building seemed to say "cheap, cheap, cheap" and the area behind the property seemed somewhat seedy. Not having any other options at the moment, I decided to go ahead and stay one night here and if it was too awful, I would find another place the next day, To my pleasant surprise, the room was clean and well-appointed for a "budget" hotel (microfridge, hair dryer, in-room safe etc). There were no problem accessing the WiFi service and the bathroom was clean and large (I think this was a handicapped room). The only real negatives were the highway noise and the breakfast. The hotel is situated right on the highway and the traffic sound is ever present. I used my MP3 player earbuds as earplugs to help. The breakfast fare needs improvement. Aside from the one do-it-yourself waffle maker, there were only a few muffins and some fruit on the counter, The coffee was dark hot water, I opted for the McDonalds across the highway.
I was impressed with the ease in which I could get around, I could be down at the convention center in 10 minutes, even in the rush hour.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

Not near Coliseum but that was not our reason to book this room. We were in San Antonio to support an ill family member at Brooks Army Med. Center and then Downtown Baptist.

GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY

This location showed a starting weekly rate of approx. $244(?) on outside sign. We needed a room with twin beds for 2. our rate was for 6 nights and came out to approx. $300.

We checked others in immediate area, this was for the price the best.

You need transportation nothing much in walking distance.

The non smoking room was clean, had a microwave and small refrigerator. It did not face the highway and was quiet. With the construction on the highway it was hard to get to, BUT WORTH IT.

Some issues were - weird curtains that cluster on floor, terribly cheap shampoo and soap- always bring your own. Desk is small and a large lampshade uses up much desk space. One way frontage roads and on-off ramps a little awkward, but workable.

Convient location to the freeway. Lobby had a very basic continental breakfast with coffee, juice machine, toast, small muffins, waffle maker.

Shower spray worked nice, water temp consistent. Towels and wash clothes adaquate and always replaced. Toilet and shower/tub in small side room, sink is in the outer main room set back in alcove.

Wireles available. Smallish outdoor pool.

1st floor room had parking immediately outside our door, until a Sat. night No Vacancy caused that stall to be taken.

We noticed some outside rodent boxes on property, but had seen none. Adjacent neighborhood in back of property had some delapidated homes, but also some nice smaller homes, problem may come from that area. Again we saw nothing.

Be sure to eat at Johnnys!! It's just up the street around corner o New Braufels Rd - EXCELLENT, afordable Mexican-American breakfasts!!! Also lonch and dinners. Skip the Burger King across the highway filthy.

• Liked — VALUE and CLEANLINESS, Groundfloor.
  • Disliked — Minor dificulty geting to. You can also come around block in back.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

We had booked a mini-vacation to San Antonio for the weekend of Aug. 3rd for my husband and I, and our two children. We were driving half way on Friday night and the rest of the way Saturday morning. Late Friday afternoon before we were to leave, we got news that a family member had become ill and was being taken to the hospital. We thought it would be okay to still take our trip and then we got a call that my aunt's condition was grave and she was not expected to make it through the night. We decided to cancel our trip. I called the first Econolodge in Temple, TX, and they were very gracious and agreed to cancel our reservations with no penalty even though our reservations were for THAT VERY NIGHT. Next I called the Econolodge in San Antonio, for which we were not due to check in until 2pm the following day. They declined to cancel the reservation quoting policy. I tried the 800 number and was told there was nothing they could do and I tried the Customer Relations number and was told there was nothing they could do. It seems this is a franchise and they can pretty much do as they wish. In all fairness, the cancellation time was 4pm on Friday and it was almost 8pm when I called. But we didn't get the news that my aunt was ill until 5:30pm and we had no idea how serious it was until after 7pm. I know the rules are there for the hotel's protection, but rules can be bent in extreme situations. Compassion has a place in all dealings - even business. I will never call this hotel again. With such insensitive handling of a situation, I can only imagine how they might treat their guests. It was a choice I had to make and I'm glad I did because my aunt passed away from septic shock the next day. It just hurts my feelings that they couldn't have been more understanding.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown Northeast? Share your experiences!