“Stay here many times” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #237 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“Stay here many times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

After reading the reviews, I had to check and see if it was the same hotel. I have spent many nights here after Spurs games. I will be the first to say it is not 5 diamond, however, it is clean, quiet and safe. I have never had any bugs, or rudeness. Sometimes, I think if there is the least little thing, people will make a huge deal of it. Guess you can't please everyone. We just shower and sleep here, probably not the place to go for a full "resort style vacation" (however, the pool is nice) but for a night or two stop over it was just fine.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
MrDonJones, PR Associate at The Antonian, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
We try to make our hotel a warm and welcoming environment and welcome any suggestions to make you future stays more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is horrible!! I would never recommend anyone to go here EVER!! It smelled there was cats everywhere!! The showers were disgusting!! The people in the front were rude even when you complain the front manager was the same!!! Not worth it! I rather of paid a little extra and have gotten a nicer hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
While we welcome you comments, they are very general and make reference to some things over which we have no control. Cats, for example. San Antonio's Historic neighborhoods, including Government Hill (the National Register of Historical Places designation for our neighborhood). We have found the City supports feral cat communities because they are a natural control for vermin, and we prefer the cats to the alternative. Unfortunately, if you have the same experience as I have, they sometimes leave little paw prints all over your car. I am not sure what you found to be disgusting in our showers, but they are actually quite clean and of good quality, and not very old. Of there was a housekeeping issue we will gladly address any such matter when we are apprised of the situation. Our staff is not usually rude, but some people interpret an inability to immediately address a concern as rudeness. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Many others find our location convenient, our facilities clean and adequate, and our value excellent, especially since you get a great room for less than you would pay just a few hundred yards away, and with free parking, which is often $20 a night at other hotels. Our proximity to the newly developed Pearl Complex is a great asset if you have business or leisure plans for that location,and the Museum Reach of the River Walk is a mere 10 blocks from your room.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I selected this hotel because of the general proximity to the airport for an early morning (really, really early!) flight. It was a great choice! The hotel is clean, updated, serves a hot breakfast (which I missed because of my early flight), and a really nicely landscaped pool and patio area.

I messed up my reservation by one day, but the hotel staff (Anthony, think) was very polite, helpful, and efficient. I will be back to Texas a lot because I have a new granddaughter in Corpus. Flight costs are best in/out of San Antonio. I will absolutely stay at the Antonian on future trips to ease the outbound flight process.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Southwold, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Well located, with easy access to the interstate and attractions, less than five minutes to the Alamo.
We stayed thee nights, the room was good, the rate was very good and the front desk was also very helpfull.
Breakfast was not up to much.
The hotel was a bit grubby in places but our room was very clean.
Would be more than happy to return

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Do not stay here!! Worse experience of my life!! I never write reviews but after the experience I had with this hotel this morning I definitely wanted to do this!! Walking into my crappy room there were BEETLES & COCKROACHES everywhere! Dead & alive!! We walked right back downstairs to get our refund and the staff was terrible! They kept saying that it's COMMON for that to happen! NO ITS NOT! I literally had to get in a huge argument with the manager and she still didn't do anything! The only reason I got my refund is because I booked through Booking.com and they had to personally call & complain and threaten to lose their business for them! The "manager" SOFIA is super unprofessional! And I hope she reads this!! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2012
Lubbock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Good location. Good service. Good price. Good water pressure. Good lots of pillows. Good hot water. Bad smell in room. Bad smell in bathroom. Bad ac unit. Bad small pool. Bad old carpet. Bad old tv. Bad old blankets.

• Stayed July 2012
Wichita Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed there to be close to my son's base Fort Sam Houston. Was located right off freeway exit before base exit. Took just minutes to get the downtown SA. Room was clean, staff very helpful & friendly. Dining places within walking distance. Hotel older in need of some cosmetic repair, but was very clean. Most comfy beds with wonderful fluffy pillows 4 on each bed. Will stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family