“Worst hotel ever!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio / Downtown

You added Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio / Downtown to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio / Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1122 South Laredo Street, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Formerly Howard Johnson San Antonio Downtown)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #319 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Worst hotel ever!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Run please run away from this hotel....first we found roaches in the room and when we got to sleep the worst thing happen..... BED BUGS..... We didn't sleep, my whole body was cover in bugs bite, I went to the front desk at 3 am to complain and they gave another key for another awful, horrible, horrible bedroom I preferred to stay in my room and in the morning I went to talk to the manager , and the guy have a really bad attitude, he didn't apologizes and I didn't receive any compensation. I cancel the following night and look for a nicer and cleaner hotel....... Please don't try to save money booking for this hotel, I learned in the hard way. Don't make my same mistakes .

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rockport, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I looked at the photos on Priceline, they certantly weren't taken here! Only 2 very small towels, no coffee maker, hair dryer,toilet paper holder fell off, toilet was leaking on floor, no fridge, microwave or telephone. The sheets were stained, dog hair on the carpet, I really didn't want to take my shoes off and NO way was I getting in that shower!!! We didn't know that Fiesta was going on so our choices were limited. Great place if your a crackhead!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms were under construction and we were given rooms that were not ready, 2 towels only in the room. No Bathroom Fan. Construction debree on the floor. Toilet flapper valve leaked and ran all night. Owners tried to enter the room during the night using their master key, door latch prevented them from entering. This was not advertised as a motel that was under construction Hotels.com gave us a hard time trying to cancel the 3 day reservation after we had enough after the first night..Rooms were not made even after 6:00 the next day. They then offered other rooms when we wanted to leave.

Room Tip: Hotel manager is not very customer oriented
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Shelby Township, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have never stayed at a hotel in such need of repair. Nothing good to say....almost slept in the car instead of room for the one night stop. Paint peeling off outside doors. Pool empty with only filthy rainwater. Lampshade cracking g from Sun rot and falling on the floor. Jacuzzi tub didn't work.

Room Tip: Find someplace else to stay
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Things were a bit chaotic due to them overhauling rooms, the pool, etc, but the staff was courteous, the breakfast fresh and tasty, and the online rate I got was great. Plus, it is close to the Market, Alamo, Riverwalk, etc.

There is a post office next door, so get some postcards at the Alamo and send them when you get to the hotel!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015 via mobile

If you have children do not choose this place. We have roaches all over the restroom. There is mold everywhere. There is no hot water. And management is horrible, all they say is they cant do anything!!! DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR BUSINES THEY ARE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2015
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

This place is allegedly a two star motel. This is a total lie. I booked the place through expedia and didn't think much of it. When I arrived there was black mold every where, cracks in the ceiling, graffiti carved into the bed headboards, gum stuck to the mirrors, rust all over metal surfaces and a strong smell of urine. I went to the manager and asked what was up and he offered to move me to a "nicer" room. That room still had black mold (though mostly "only" confined to the bathroom ceiling, where it was everywhere), the electrical outlets didn't work and there was a hole in the wall where someone had ripped the wall safe off. Suffice it to say I moved to another hotel a block away and cancelled my reservation. The man demanded I pay for the first night despite only spending 20 minutes in that dump.

tl;dr This is a zero star roach motel, mold and graffiti and all. Avoid!

Room Tip: Call them, ask what their best room available is then put down the phone and run swiftly in the othe...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio / Downtown? Share your experiences!