First of all the location is excellent.1 block from the Alamo.. 1 1/2 blocks from Rivercenter mall. The staff was very nice coming in. Valet is $24 and that is pretty reasonable for the location. The very first thing you realize when you walk through the room door is how huge the rooms are. You have a sofa/bed combo.. The room had extra pillows, sheets and covers. We had the queen bed, what we have at home. I am sure king was available if we had requested. It had a professional desk with lights, a stove, microwave with complimentary popcorn, a large refrigerator, dishwasher, and a beautiful view. There were 2 closets. The pool is heated year round so the kids can swim in the pool day or night April. It has an adjoining jacuzzi but is not very big. The internet in the room is FREE, or included if you will. I have stayed in numerous hotels in San Antonio and this is NOT the norm there. $15 extra usually. So this was nice. Complimentary breakfast is served from 7:00 to 10:00 and the first day they had sausage, eggs, with cheese, green onions, huge bacon bits (real) waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, numerous pastries, cereals, a better selection than most complimentary breakfasts I thought. Second day they had cooked ham. As I said, the staff was so nice.. They made the stay worth the price of admission. We are going to stay here again, because we enjoyed staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Antonio hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza Hotel San Antonio
- Residence Inn Alamo Plaza
- San Antonio Residence Inn