Residence Inns have become our favorite Marriott brand. We usually travel with our teenage daughter, so we love the extra space that they offer. The Residence Inn on Bonham in San Antonio was no exception. The location can't be beat with the Alamo at the foot of the hotel, Riverwalk access just blocks away and a shopping mall within a few hundred yards. We opted not to rent a car for most of our stay because everything is in such close proximity, however it was great to be able to rent a car at Avis (right across the street from the hotel) on our last day so we could visit the Mission trail, find a puffy taco joint and get back to the airport.
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was plentiful with lots of options. The room was clean and spacious with a well appointed kitchenette including full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher. The one thing we would have preferred would have been a king size bed, which I don't believe this property offers. Other than that one minor point, would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Antonio hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza Hotel San Antonio
- Residence Inn Alamo Plaza
- San Antonio Residence Inn