I have stayed at dozens of Residence Inns and this is very clean, friendly, and professionally run, as almost all of them are. Since it's an urban location, the pool is relatively small vs. other hotels, but they do have one. The room was very clean and appears to have been remodeled in the last year or so. Looks sharp. So do the common areas. The breakfast is free and fabulous.
Room tip: most every Residence Inn I have stayed at had an oven, so I could bake a pizza. These have range tops and microwave ovens, but not a stove. FYI.
Parking tip. Valet parking is $25 and if you park yourself in the hotel garage the fee is almost the same. Depending on your schedule, you can avoid this. There is on street parking. I was here three nights and never had a problem finding a meter parking spot less than a block away. I felt safe on the streets here at night.
The meters are active 8AM - 6PM, Mon - Sat. Otherwise free. It's $0.25 for a hour, and you can pump in the entire ten hours of quarters all at once.
Park over night for free. If you park during the day, it'll cost $2.50 vs. $25.
If for some reason that doesn't work for you, there is a paid "central parking" lot that is around $14 across the street, too.
Hit helpful is this was relevant for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Antonio hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza Hotel San Antonio
- Residence Inn Alamo Plaza
- San Antonio Residence Inn