“Friendly staff - easy walk to Riverwalk” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Six Flags Package
Ranked #7 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
Upper Marlboro, Md.
“Friendly staff - easy walk to Riverwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for a week in February. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious with a nice variety of choices including make-your-own waffles! It was an easy short walk to the Riverwalk area, the Alamo, and many shops and restaurants. We rented a car but really didn't need to. The workout room was a plus and we used it several mornings. It was nice to have a living room area in addition to the bedroom. I would definitely go back if I return to San Antonio.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DustySmith, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and also thank you for allowing us to be your host while in San Antonio. Your comment on the need for a rental car is so appropriate. If flying in, the best advice is to rent a car downtown when you need it. There are at least two rental car companies in easy walking distance (Avis is righ across the street). This alleviates the most common complaint about urban hotels of paying for parking. Thanks again for the review and please come back and see us.

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been traveling for a long time i have stayed in alot of Residence Inns. But the one at the Alamo Plaza is special!!!I had surgery on my foot for an accute injury while on business and looking for a house. I WAS ALL BY MYSELF WITH NO FAMILY OR FRIENDS TO HELP ME ON MY RECOVERY . IT WAS A VERY EMPTY SAD FEELING BEING BY YOURSELF AFTER A FOOT SURGERY. The staff was amazing in bringing me ice bags,Pillows to prop my foot up helping me pack parking my truck amd getting it for me at no cost and all around making me feel at home. The staff will always have a specia place in my heart for the excellent care after my surgery my family will always stay here while we are looking for a house and all visits to SA in the future as wellTO KNOW HOW YOU GUYS ARE DOING GOD BLESS AND I WILL SEE YOU GUYS SOON. -JAKE-

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for this kind review. These are the types of stories we love to hear and retell. I hope all is well post surgery and please come back and see us in San Antonio very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This is my first review, and I can not keep this story to myself. I am a mother of a 9 year old and a 18month old. I just returned from a long military deployment and took a trip to San Antonio as a complete surprise for my children so we could have fun and get to know one another again. The staff helped out and played along with the surprise theme with my girls. THEN they surprised me. We came back one night to discover I hand written card from the staff wishing us a great trip AND stuffed animals from Seaworld for my girls AND ice cream in the freezer AND cookies for us. Oh and root beer in the fridge to make floats. The staff are amazing and thoughtful. I can not say enough good about this experience!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Great to see the staff utilzed their empowerment and made some special surprises for you and your family. That certainly is what makes this job fun. Please come back and stay with us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable rooms. Traveled with our daughter and had enough space to be comfortable. Great location. Just minutes from everything we wanted to do!! Great, friendly staff. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and we are very appreciative of this kind review. Please come back and stay with us soon.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This isn't luxury, but the rooms at this hotel have all been remodeled in the last year. They are lovely and modern. They are spacious with a kitchenette. The breakfast is great. It is a full breakfast with eggs, sausage or bacon, Belgian waffles, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, several kinds of muffins, bagels, toast, yogurt, etc.
The hotel is about 2 blocks from the Alamo, the Rivercenter Mall, and the Riverwalk. The valet parking is pricey--$24 a day--but itis unlimited in and out. Most other parking lots/hotels don't offer that. All of the hotel staff that we have encountered have been so friendly and helpful. They are always smiling and ready to assist. We really enjoy staying at this hotel. We have been coming to San Antonio twice a year for over 30 years and have stayed at many different downtown hotels, but I prefer to stay at this hotel over any of the others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for this kind review. Please come back and stay with us very soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

A great home base near the Alamo and the RIverWalk at a very reasonable price. If you are used to staying at the Ritz, fairmont, or JW this may not be for you, but if you want a clean spacious suite in a good location then sign yourself up to stay here. Staff was polite and provided great service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. I (and I am biased) belive that your review is spot on! Thanks for taking the time to respond about your stay and thank you so much for staying with us! Please come back soon!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely room on the top floor: full kitchen, sitting area with pull out sofa, queen bed. Recently renovated so it's all modern, which we love. Complimentary breakfast was better than expected: eggs, sausage, potatoes, make-your-own-texas-belgian waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, toast, yogurts, oatmeal, juices and coffee/tea. Even the dining area was nice where the manager (?) was attentive to cleaning the areas and talking to the guests. Very kind and hands-on genteman.
Hotel location seemed rather dark and secluded BUT it was only 2.5 blocks from the Alamo and the rest of the buzz. Lots of attractions, eateries, restaurants. The Riverwalk was the highlight for us...plenty of entrances for this sublevel wonder. Riverwalk is quite extensive and is restaurant heaven! Beautiful sight in December with all the xmas lights strung on the trees. We saw the New Year's fireworks at HemisPark (less than a 15 min walk) from the hotel.
Downside of hotel was pricey parking (self or valet is same price $25 per nite + tax)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DustySmith, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing this review of the Residence Inn Alamo Plaza on Trip Advisor. Also, thank you for staying with us at the hotel. You did stay with us during an exciting time for the city. Please come back and do it again next year!

Been to Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza? Share your experiences!