“Decent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East

You added Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   170 S W. W. White Road, I-10 Exit 580, San Antonio, TX 78219 (Formerly Super 8 San Antonio/Downtown I-10 East) (East Side)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #322 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Napa, California
“Decent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I had a confirmed reservation made online, but the manager at first tried to overcharge me. He finally relented and gave me the online price. The room itself was fine, good air conditioning, pleasant swimming pool with nice blue water. The area is a little rough around the edges, but there is good freeway access. The continental breakfast was OK.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Alpine,Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Stopped here by chance, had a great room with a king. Neighborhood is a bit run down, but the hotel itself was excellent!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

Ended up at this hotel after all other hotels in the area were booked. A little hesitant to stay because of outside appearances. I walked in and the lobby smelled really strong of chemicals and I about walked out the door I came in. BUT I was desperate, so after reading the no refund signs and hearing about how the room card is required to stay plugged into some card holder on the wall to operate A/C and lights, I asked if the rooms were decent. The hotel employee said with extreme enthusiasm, "oh yes! I can show you if you'd like". Honestly, it was the only hotel in a large radius that wasn't booked thanks to Spring Break so I was really unlikely to turn the last room down with a truck full of kids, my husband, and my dog, so I took the room without seeing it. The hotel was posted with no pet signs, but for an extra $10/night the hotel clerk said our small dog would be allowed.

Hold my breath....we get to the room, and WOW! The rooms look like they were just remodeled. The carpet was in excellent condition, the furniture was in good shape, the walls freshly painted, the restroom was super clean with updated showers and shower heads, the TV came with cable and showtime, and the A/C ran super cold. No strong chemical smells as I had feared. My only complaint was the blanket that hotels put in between the sheets and the usually already itchy comforter was the old school knotty itchy kind, but the sheets were clean, the pillows were comfortable, and the bed was soft. Was surprised to see the room included a fridge and a microwave, although we didn't need it.

Breakfast was included between the hours of 7-10 (great hours I must add) and included name brand cereals, muffins, honey buns, toast. texas shaped waffles, juice, coffee, and milk. Staff continously came in to check on breakfast area and ask if anyone needed anything.

Swimming pool was a bit small but spotless clean and not overly treated with chemicals which is something I think most hotels are guilty of.

Hotel staff was really friendly, even after I forgot about the new early daylight savings time change and ended up staying over an extra hour without being charge additional fees.

Would gladly stay again. Great deal for the price.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East

Address: 170 S W. W. White Road, I-10 Exit 580, San Antonio, TX 78219 (Formerly Super 8 San Antonio/Downtown I-10 East)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > East Side
Ranked #322 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 San Antonio
Super Eight San Antonio
San Antonio Super 8
San Antonio Super Eight

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.