“Needs Management Improvements and Breakfast Period.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   170 S W. W. White Road, I-10 Exit 580, San Antonio, TX 78219 (Formerly Super 8 San Antonio/Downtown I-10 East) (East Side)   |
Ranked #311 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Needs Management Improvements and Breakfast Period.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The place looks clean outside and good night lighting,parking right outside your door.Truck parking only for a few semi thats it..Oh man the Breakfast sucked..Sour milk and cold coffee..Then the waffle maker was broke the management like just left you with nothing and didn't care..The honey buns were changing color..So don't expect any breakfast...The room old tv and remote didn't work....The ice machine in the office area actually had a bad odor you couldn't miss it because it was next to exit door..Then across from the ice machine was a broke down washing machine..The mattress in the room was flat no padding I've had a better mattress at a cheaper hotel..I paid $58.00 including taxes I will not go back to this place again maybe wait 2 years...Go down the street and check another hotel theres more close by is my advise....If your a trucker no discount no real parking...Check the room first before paying for a night.

Room Tip: Just check the room out first and look at the breakfast area and ask whats for breakfast and is ever...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

we were stopping by san antonio whilst on our american road trip, we really struggled to find a really highly rated hotel/motel that wasn't already booked up. after a long search we gave the super 8 a go - stayed at other super 8's but this doesn't mean anything as they are all franchises so quality can vary.
the room was big and clean, wifi was a good speed, and breakfast was included. a/c worked fine - alittle noisy but still had a good sleep, car park seamed to have plenty of space, showers were okay and there was a pizza hut a short walk away ! i should also mention that you can wash your clothes for 75cents !

not as cheap as you would think - 60-70 dollars per night. the rooms were tired with carpets that had bald spots and stains, light fittings that made horrible noises as they cooled down - we actually thought there was an electrical short as it was exactly the same noise, breakfasts were really bad - litterally there was just waffles, no buns/bagels, no fruit, no yoghurts, very little cereal, orange and apple juice were weak as hell on all 4 days.

overall it was the best of a bad bunch, if i was to return i would book a nice motel in advance, but as a last second booking it was okay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at $49 a nite. Good location, front desk people were great so helpful with everything. Cute little swimming pool. Great breakfast. The decor needs to be updated, the hallways are dark and a little spooky. Our room had a funk to it at first but after leaving the window open for a few hours it was gone. If you are used to the radisson dont stay here otherwise you will be happy.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I had a confirmed reservation made online, but the manager at first tried to overcharge me. He finally relented and gave me the online price. The room itself was fine, good air conditioning, pleasant swimming pool with nice blue water. The area is a little rough around the edges, but there is good freeway access. The continental breakfast was OK.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Alpine,Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Stopped here by chance, had a great room with a king. Neighborhood is a bit run down, but the hotel itself was excellent!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

Ended up at this hotel after all other hotels in the area were booked. A little hesitant to stay because of outside appearances. I walked in and the lobby smelled really strong of chemicals and I about walked out the door I came in. BUT I was desperate, so after reading the no refund signs and hearing about how the room card is required to stay plugged into some card holder on the wall to operate A/C and lights, I asked if the rooms were decent. The hotel employee said with extreme enthusiasm, "oh yes! I can show you if you'd like". Honestly, it was the only hotel in a large radius that wasn't booked thanks to Spring Break so I was really unlikely to turn the last room down with a truck full of kids, my husband, and my dog, so I took the room without seeing it. The hotel was posted with no pet signs, but for an extra $10/night the hotel clerk said our small dog would be allowed.

Hold my breath....we get to the room, and WOW! The rooms look like they were just remodeled. The carpet was in excellent condition, the furniture was in good shape, the walls freshly painted, the restroom was super clean with updated showers and shower heads, the TV came with cable and showtime, and the A/C ran super cold. No strong chemical smells as I had feared. My only complaint was the blanket that hotels put in between the sheets and the usually already itchy comforter was the old school knotty itchy kind, but the sheets were clean, the pillows were comfortable, and the bed was soft. Was surprised to see the room included a fridge and a microwave, although we didn't need it.

Breakfast was included between the hours of 7-10 (great hours I must add) and included name brand cereals, muffins, honey buns, toast. texas shaped waffles, juice, coffee, and milk. Staff continously came in to check on breakfast area and ask if anyone needed anything.

Swimming pool was a bit small but spotless clean and not overly treated with chemicals which is something I think most hotels are guilty of.

Hotel staff was really friendly, even after I forgot about the new early daylight savings time change and ended up staying over an extra hour without being charge additional fees.

Would gladly stay again. Great deal for the price.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East? Share your experiences!