“great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Alamo/Riverwalk
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   902 E. Houston St., San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Ranked #231 of 352 hotels in San Antonio

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
WINDSOR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

this was as close as you could get to the alamo and riverwalk without taking the car. Staff was more than accommodating with any of our requests

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

TACOMA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Upon arrival I was told that I did not have a reservation and the cost would be 65.00 per night, so I provided them with my reservation number and they continued to have difficulty locating the reservation. Then I was charged 10.00 per night for parking although I did not have an automobile. My nephew who was in a rental paid for parking and I was with him. I was told that I would not be charged and that signing the form for parking was just protocol. I arrived on the 2nd of October and booked a room through the 6th although I checked out early on the 5th. My son and his girlfriend arrived on the 3rd and I also booked a room for them. My total booking was suppose to be 361.93 with taxes although I was charged 504.93. I immediately went to the office and was told that they do that as a securoty measure. I had to have the manager to perform a reversal and my cred card company gave specific instruction on how to reverse the process. After I checked out they continue to charge my card a 1.00 for four days and then processed an additional 128.43. I phoned the manager Anna who was unaware that I had the credit card company on the phone and the credit card customer service representative dictated the entire conversation. My bill then went from 361.93 to 374.00. The manager stated that she did not have immediate access to my bill because it was an old checkout although this conversation took place on the 9th of October and I had just checked out on the 5th. Now I am having to close out my credit card for fear that she will continue to utilize my card number that she has access too. This is not what I signed up for because I was under the assumption that Days Inn was a well known company. How could this manager be allowed to be in this position and give this company a bad name. Poor customer service. Bathroom ceiling peeling, towels yellowing tint with stains, no trash can liners, lack of linen they stripped our beds in the morning although fresh linen was not available until after 2 pm. the paint in the bathroom around the door frames spilled over onto the wall, and the shower walls were not properly cleaned there was crut in the grout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is the first motel in my life that I paid to park in there parking lot when I was staying there. Unbelievable they charged 10.96 to park. The rooms were old worn out beds, not to clean. They had an empty parking lot and put us across the street. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. There were two big lots across the street also empty of cars for 10 dollars recommend staying at another hotel and just paying for parking when you go to Alamo. Riverwalk was over rated and really a disappointment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Alamo/Riverwalk? Share your experiences!