“Hopefully Not Typical” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk

You added Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Pecan Street East, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #144 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Mendham, New Jersey
“Hopefully Not Typical”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my first stay at any Wyndham hotel. I won't stay at one again.

When I arrived in my room Tuesday evening, there was no hot water. I called the desk to report it. They sent a maintenance person who said it was being worked on and should be back in 30 minutes or so. There was no hot water all day Wednesday. I mentioned this to the housekeeping staff again. That evening the night manager sent my room a tray with peanuts, M&M's and bottled water as well as a card apologizing for the inconvenience, but not offering to transfer me to another room. Other rooms on the same floor had no hot water because I saw that similar trays had been delivered to them. At no time was I offered to transfer to another room that did have hot water. My sister arrived Wednesday afternoon and was staying on the 7th floor (I was on the 4th). They had hot water the whole time, so it was only part of the hotel. I really should have been offered another room or at least a refund for the two nights with no hot water.

The tiles of the bathroom floor were dirty with some black gummy substance when I arrived and remained so throughout my stay of six nights. This despite the maid servicing the room daily.

One of the light bulbs on the lamp to the night stand was burnt out and stayed that way during my entire visit. I didn't complain about it, however. One might have expected the housekeeper to check for burnt out light bulbs.

The internet service is horrid compared to any other hotel I've ever stayed at. There was no choice but to pay $9.95 a day, with no possibility of upgrade. I had to call a technician at the hotel's service provider to read them my IP address in order to get connected. The log-in page doesn't work to sign in.

I had reserved and pre-paid a separate room for my sister for two nights, which I ordered at the same time (within minutes) as mine, with the identical same package and identical price, which included all taxes and self-parking. When my sister went to check out, they had left her an invoice charging her for the taxes on the room that I had already paid in advance as well as the self-parking charges that were included in the price I had paid. The desk clerk was able to determine that I had already paid the taxes and the room charges, but said that the self-parking fees were still due. The clerk finally agreed to waive the parking charges after much discussion.

I'm not taking the chance of staying at another Wyndham hotel in future.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Mr. & I 'won' the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk with a Priceline bid. Had I chosen the hotel, it might not have been my first choice because it wasn't exactly in the 'thick of things', but it certainly wasn't too far out of reach of the things we wanted to do either.

While the RiverWalk is actually just outside the door of the hotel, it is a really quiet part of the RiverWalk. However a water taxi took us to our restaurant choice and afterwards we walked back to the hotel in about 20 minutes. The next day we walked in the opposite direction to the Alamo. The exercise was good for us and probably helped balance out all the great food we ate.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and polite. Our room was comfortable and clean.
On the morning of our departure, we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The buffet was plentiful and we found many options we enjoyed.

All in all we were pleased with our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!