“Service with excellence still exist!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk

You added Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Pecan Street East, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #155 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Atlanta, Georgia
“Service with excellence still exist!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was one of about 95 guests in our group who visited beautiful San Antonio this past January. This Wyndham hotel has exceptional staff...from the moment of check-in to check-out. The beds were very comfortable and its appears this hotel has just been newly and tastefully renovated. I was impressed everyone always had a smile and very willing to help. They went out of their way to accomodate us. It was extremely convenient to the sights and sounds that SA has to offer, so we could walk just about anywhere downtown. I needed a cake at the last minute for a VIP's birthday. Barbara Baird said she would order it from a local bakery, pick it up the next day and just add it to my bill. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!!!! I was impressed with Mr. John Westbrook, Front Office. When some of our guests were accidentally transported from the airport to another hotel, Mr. Westbrook sent a local shuttle (at no cost) to transport them to the Wyndham Riverwalk. We had a choice and we made the right choice! I would definitely visit this hotel again and I would definitely recommend it to anyone for business or leisure travel.

Room Tip: I was on the 21st floor. It was very nice. Others were on the 18th floor and they were very pleased...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I came here for a week long convention, I had never been to San Antonio before and was not really sure on the activities their was to do. When I arrived I was greeted outside by Roland who was nice enough to help me with my bags. The front desk lady's where not so friendly and seemed to be too busy to assist me. After helping me settle in Roland suggested I go by the concierge desk for suggestions for dinner. When I made my way down to concierge i was greeted by Edith who was phenomenal, completely opposite from the front desk she had a beautiful smile and was super professional the entire time. I keep going back to the concierge all week and was always greeted with a smile and friendly staff. The night before heading home I went by the concierge desk for dinner suggestion I was in the mood for Chinese but all the reviews on line were horrible. When I asked Edith what her recommendation was she smiled and said not anywhere in the downtown area. She then called Roland over to see if maybe he had something different to say and to my surprise his answer was the same. They then found a restaurant near by and Edith help me place an order to have it delivered. Over all I enjoy my stay very much and I really appreciate the staffs honesty.

Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Overall this was a decent hotel for the purpose I stayed there. It is older and it shows. Staff in the restaurant was very nice and helpful but the bar server seemed just a grumpy old man. My only serious criticism is the walk to the self parking. I was carrying two ball gowns, 2 suitcases and a bouquet of flowers, passed by several employees and not one asked if they could help me. Lack of customer service on that one. I would only stay there for the annual event, not if I was visiting San Antonio for pleasure.

Room Tip: Corner rooms of course more quite...
Giddings, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Wyndham on the River walk was great. First time stay at this motel! I would have given this review a 5 if only the Valet parking had more parking for bigger trucks as for my personal truck has a 6" lift and aftermarket bumpers to limit my parking and had to park in self parking across the street. Also the cable went out and missed watching the news and kids got bored with no late night TV!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel is nice, and welcoming. Beds are hard as a rock and not comfortable. Rooms are nice. No fridge. Shop didnt have someone to take payment for coffee, so it was added to our bill, fine np....went to check out and they said it would be 9am before it was added. Instead of them saying we can have that sent via email, sorry for the inconvenience, or we will take the coffee off your bill, she just stared! Had to tell her we needed to leave now and not wait, only then did she say. Breakfast was wonderful, pricey though. Cable went out second day we were there in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Came here for a weekend convention. Needed some advice on where to go and what things to do and see. The concierges.. Regina, and Nelly were, in a word... Phenomenal! Both of them were incredibly gracious to me, gave me the best advice.. Knocked me out where to go. They were incredibly hospitable, happy to see me, and made me feel important! For that I am truly grateful! The hotel & service was excellent.. The room was spacious, comfortable, and cater to my needs. Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!