“Relaxing Stay with Great Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk

You added Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Pecan Street East, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #156 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here on a "deal" to sit thru a Wyndham vacation time-share pitch. Fairly small room, and pretty old (no fan in the bathroom!), but it was made up nicely, and very clean. (Parking was ~$25/day, so be prepared for that. Self park and take the underground walkway, unless you have a bunch of luggage!) Staff very good, and the location on the Riverwalk was just right for us.....a bit north and away from the crazy crowds, but close enough to walk to everything we wanted to see.....
The time-share pitch was low-pressure and professional, too, so we enjoyed our little getaway!

Room Tip: North and south sides of the hotel are brightly lit, so ask for east or west side room. Bring cloth...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, today
Nick, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is through honest and candid feedback that we improve. I am glad your stay met your expectations and you enjoyed the Riverwalk and hotel. I hope when you return to San Antonio you'll come see us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Wyndham itself is awesome. It used to be the Crown Royal and is infact on the river walk. But Wyndham is remodeling and when completed should be great. Though on the Riverwalk it is at the end and requires at least a ten minute walk to get to the main part. It is dark and several unsavory types lurk in the darkness. Not a fault of Wyndhams but something to be aware of. The room was fine but only one trash can and it is found beside the toilet. They have a breakfast buffet and it is amazing. The do have wonderful people working there who are extremely helpful. The only thing I found to be a problem his the hidden parking fees for a garage across the street and the air conditioner was inadequate. That may have only been my room but it got hot in the winter, I would hate to be there in the summer.

Room Tip: One with a good air conditioner
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Pops, thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We have two options for parking; self parking is $23.75 per night and is located in a parking garage across the street and valet parking is $28, both options include in and out privileges. I am sorry this was not well explained to you. Our parking fees are comparable to other downtown hotels and in some cases lower. I hope when your travels bring you back to San Antonio you'll consider staying with us again and allow us to exceed your expectations.

San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The property was lovely and our room was quite nice. There is a $24 self-parking fee or $28 valet parking fee. We opted for valet. They "billed our room."
Upon checking out, the receptionist asked if my bill was ok. I did not receive a bill; I just said, "I guess so." I've never been OVERBILLED at a nice Hotel, so I did not ask to see my bill. To my surprise, I was overbilled by $10.77. This is not a huge amount of money, but it is if they do it to every customer.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and your room. I am very sorry about the mistake on your bill. If you would contact the hotel and ask for the Manager on Duty, they will be happy to review your bill with you and make any adjustments needed. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

I hope you return to the hotel soon so we can exceed your expectations!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nice hotel, but parking is expensive and a long way away! Upon arriving at room, we discovered a leaking toilet. Fixed that real fast!!! The Riverwalk is literally a stone throw away and it was such a delight to walk.

Room Tip: Our room #505 didn't have a view....I suppose I should have requested one...but really didn'...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Karin, thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I am glad that you had a great stay at Wyndham. I am sorry that your toilet was leaking but I'm very glad that our staff addressed that so quickly. We do have two options for parking; self parking is $23.75 and is located in a garage across the street from the hotel and it accessed though an underground tunnel, and valet parking is $28 and you do have in and out privileges with both options. Our parking prices are comparable to other downtown hotels and in some cases lower. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Been to Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!