“Great service, Staff makes this place a great stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk

Save Saved
You added Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Pecan Street East, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #163 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
“Great service, Staff makes this place a great stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Rene Ochoa was our waiter in the restaurant and was AWESOME and the food was great too. The young lady, Melody Cook, who checked us in was also AWESOME. They both went above and beyond to make my families stay comfortable and a happy one. All of the staff at this hotel is very nice and make sure that you feel welcomed and special. Hotel itself had some disappointments but the GREAT STAFF made up for the bad. I love how they made us feel special.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Nancy H.,
Thank you for sharing your recent comments from your visit with us at Wyndham. I was delighted you felt we had a great staff. I was also happy you singled out both Melody and Rene specifically, as having been particularly helpful. I look forward to mentioning this to them later today.Feel free to email me at Kevin.Latone@sawyn.com if you would like to share any other observations.

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Wyndham on the San Antonio Riverwalk was an excellent hotel to visit with friends. We stayed one night and the room was on the 17 floor and had just been renovated. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we all slept great. On check-in John W. helped our friends get a room on the same floor with us and was very helpful. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent and Irene who served us was very friendly and prompt with service.

Room Tip: higher floors all renovated
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Judy W.,
Thank you for sharing the positive comments from your visit with Wyndham. I am glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms and the breakfast buffet. I appreciate your mentioning both John W and Irene as having provided superior service. We look forward to your return.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The price was decent but we didn't quite get the Wyndham name treatment we're used to. The hotel is huge and it's old. There's a scheduled renovation but as of today the rooms are old, so don't expect anything stylish or beautifully decorated. The pool was cloudy and even dangerous. I say dangerous because several parts of the plastic tile around the pool were missing, which could allow kids to accidentally stick their foot there and fall. We informed management but not even a simple barrier/barricade was put in that area (we checked back throughout our 5 day stay). My wife was constantly worried about our kids tripping/falling in one of the holes. Front desk staff was not very helpful. After my wife being hung up on by the "0" operator, I decided to come down and talk to the manager myself. He apologized but didn't do anything to fix the situation. I expected a little more from him. Then, I called the "0" operator myself for a different request and realized the operator was just rude. How can a Wyndham of that size allow a rude person to work the phone? It beats me. Room cleaning staff was attentious and polite and kept the room clean. Overall I'd give it a 3 star mark but the fact the operator was rude and manager didn't compensate us for that makes me take another star away. We expected the Wyndham style and treatment, instead we got an old run of the mill hotel that happens to have the Wyndham sign on their wall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlie MSU,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us from a recent visit to Wyndham. I was glad to hear you felt the housekeeping team was attentive and your room was clean. I apologize for the Operator service experience you also shared, and for us not having addressed your concerns properly. Do know we will learn from this experience we created, to benefit future guests.
I see you are from Houston. I would like to offer you a return weekend visit at a later time when it is convenient for you. Feel free to send me a private email at Kevin.Latone@sawyn.com.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

we had a good time but there was a lot of disappointments 1. had 4 ppl in the room and would not put 4 towels had to go get more. 2. rooms key keep going bad 3. scanners in parking garage would not scan. 4. 24.00 per day to park in the HOTEL parking lot is ridiculous. no immunity but for 25.00 a night fee 5. house keeping sucked would not place cups, and glasses . you are on the river walk but you have to walk half a mile to get to the main restaurants. AND THE HOMELESS PPL ARE VERY BAD. they were everywhere DONT GO AT NIGHT

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Vick T.,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit.
I apologize our services were not to our usual standards during your visit.
I will certainly share your comments with my housekeeping team as a training opportunity.
I am hopeful that you shared our shortcomings when you were visiting with us, and that we did make a recovery with you.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just had a very nice stay at the Wyndham. It is not in the best part of the riverwalk but the staff made it worth the walk. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have ever seen with a omelet chef, fresh berries, fruit and a very attentive staff. By the third day they knew our drink orders and welcomed us by name. The room was remodeled and very clean but they are still remodeling some of the floors so try to get a higher floor. Parking was across the street but there is a tunnel right from the elevator. The front dest staff were also great and got to know us and always greeted us every time we came and went. Great value for a good hotel with a great breakfast and super staff. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Alex F.,
Thank you for sharing your recent and positive comments on your guest experience with Wyndham. I was glad to hear of your favorable perceptions of our staff and the breakfast buffet offerings.

Been to Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!