“Would not stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk

Save Saved
You added Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Pecan Street East, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #159 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Would not stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I guess I didn't check enough stuff out before I booked this hotel. Pictures made it look better than it actually was. The lobby of the hotel was nice but I was not impressed with the rest. The pool was small and shallow. The room was small, no refrigerator, had to pay daily for wifi, 3 towels for 4 guests, our bathroom door wouldn't close all the way, there were cobwebs in the corner by the window, the cabinet that held our tv was covered in dust, and our upstairs neighbors were loud. The valet was around $25/day. If you self park in a separate garage, it is still expensive to park. Overall, the staff was not friendly. We were under the impression breakfast was included with our stay, but only for two people. The food for breakfast was very good, but again, service was not. The staff is not friendly, they don't smile or go out of their way to help you. Our waitress brought us the wrong drink 3 times. When my husband stepped away to use the phone, the busboy spilled milk on his chair while he was removing some things from the table and never cleaned it up. The only great staff we encountered were the valet/bellhops. Also, the hotel is "technically" on the river walk, but it is a good hike to get to a part that has anything going on or any restaurants. Really regret having stayed here. Won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I went there and and my room and there and in the restroom there was dirty pads clogged in the toilet. Some heavy set white woman wouldn't stop talking about living with hippos and there was an awkward lady with glasses who couldn't seem to stop staring... she stared with her eyes wide open and i felt like a magnifying glass was on me. Also i left my 8 year old child in the child room they provide. She wasn't even watching the children. She was too consumed with charging her phone. My child told me the worker there got mad at her for moving the white chair to another section. Breakfast was horrible the orange juice was spolied and I had to go to a restaurant. The shower had brown marks on it I am assuming is the outcome of the nasty breakfast . Don't spend your money here you'll regret it.

• Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I wasn't impressed with this hotel. Front desk has wonderful staff. The restaurant area, not so much. We waited to be attended while our server was chatting up a storm with the bar tender at the bar. When I went to get a drink at the bar my long island came with a huge bug. You also have to pay for parking & WiFi, one would assume, at the very least, WiFi would be free. The rooms are over priced for the size of the room. I wouldn't be staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stay in the wyndham tjis past weekend for 4th of july.. the valet attendants were nice and geniuene even though they were extremely busy. A few guys that stood out were genaro i believe he is the supervisor, and john.
The checkin pricess was pretty quick considering they had a full house. the young lady checking me in was extemely helpful amd fast. Although i have to say the sales people in the lobby were extremely insistant.i almost had to run away everytime we were leaving the hotel to avoid them. The room were not all that. I got a not renovated room so it was nothing great. The furniture is pretty old. The restaurant food was okay. I had no hot water in my room and an emplyee came to fix the problem. But i didnt seem to last long. The next day i had no hot water again. For checkout on sunday the elevators were so slow they stopped in every floor. It took us like 1hour to finally come down to the front desk. check out was smoothe. I let the lady at the front desk about my issues and she apologized and offered to comp my parking. Overall the stay was okay. The hotel has some great employees but the hotel itself is not so great!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 5 days ago
mspiggy05,
Thank you for recognizing the service of Genero and John in valet. I look forward to sharing your comments with them personally. I am sorry that you did not have hot water. Occassionally guests have trouble with directing our faucets properly for the temperature they desire. This may have happened in your case, as we did not have other reports that would indicate this was more than an isolated concern. While all elevators were operational, you were checking out along with all of our other guests. I apologize for the delay this caused you.

Been to Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!