“Great Staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk

Save Saved
You added Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Pecan Street East, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #153 of 350 hotels in San Antonio

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stay in the wyndham tjis past weekend for 4th of july.. the valet attendants were nice and geniuene even though they were extremely busy. A few guys that stood out were genaro i believe he is the supervisor, and john.
The checkin pricess was pretty quick considering they had a full house. the young lady checking me in was extemely helpful amd fast. Although i have to say the sales people in the lobby were extremely insistant.i almost had to run away everytime we were leaving the hotel to avoid them. The room were not all that. I got a not renovated room so it was nothing great. The furniture is pretty old. The restaurant food was okay. I had no hot water in my room and an emplyee came to fix the problem. But i didnt seem to last long. The next day i had no hot water again. For checkout on sunday the elevators were so slow they stopped in every floor. It took us like 1hour to finally come down to the front desk. check out was smoothe. I let the lady at the front desk about my issues and she apologized and offered to comp my parking. Overall the stay was okay. The hotel has some great employees but the hotel itself is not so great!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, yesterday
mspiggy05,
Thank you for recognizing the service of Genero and John in valet. I look forward to sharing your comments with them personally. I am sorry that you did not have hot water. Occassionally guests have trouble with directing our faucets properly for the temperature they desire. This may have happened in your case, as we did not have other reports that would indicate this was more than an isolated concern. While all elevators were operational, you were checking out along with all of our other guests. I apologize for the delay this caused you.
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Find another hotel - maid service came after 4pm or did not show up at all. had to call to get room cleaned. waitress at restaurant was slow, had to ask 3 times for utensils. the rooms are loud, you can hear the plumbing pipes. the decoration is outdated as well as the bed.
The best part about the hotel is the breakfast buffet - $15.99 for made to order omlets, delicious pancakes, fresh fruit of strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, melons, etc. The morning waitress staff is efficient and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Sunny X,
Thank you for your exceptional comments on our newly expanded breakfast buffet extravaganza. During your next visit with us, If you would like your room serviced earlier in the day please let us know and we would enjoy accomodating your needs. I am happy to let you know that our guestrooms are currently being renovated and that by fall all 410 of our rooms will be completed. I apologize for the slow service in the restaurant. I will share with my team for corrective action.
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

no problems. clean and comfortable. minor issues such as no bottle water replaced daily in rooms. had to run water for long time to get hot water.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Rosalinde H.,
Thank you for your recent comments on your visit to the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel.
I am glad you felt our hotel was clean and comfortable. The two bottled waters in your guestroom are placed in rooms for all arriving guests only, and not replaced daily throughout the stay. I just wanted to clarify. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hurst, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here due to the hotel being on the river walk, as well as the Groupon deal we used. Checking in was fine, typical hotel room. But the issues I have with this hotel is the customer service we received. The morning after our first night we asked if something could be done about the A/C since even turned down, the temp was not dropping. Well nothing came from that, the room remained hot out entire stay, and we were there for three nights. We came back around 5 to get changed for the evening and our room hadn't even been cleaned. We changed then went to ask about it and were told that they had a lot of people check out that day, but yes our room should have been cleaned. No 'I'm sorry' or anything, they didn't ask our room number. Just turned around and went tapping on their computer. We asked someone else and got the same treatment. The same happened the next day. For a hotel of that caliber I expect far better.

Room Tip: Corner suites much larger and roomier.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SarahNicci,
Thank you for sharing your recent customer service experience. I apologize for our lack of empathy and not servicing you effectively as you should have. I will certainly share your experience with the managers responsible for corrective actions for future guests. If you so desire, please reach out to me at Kevin.Latone@sawyn.com to provide additonal insights to the challenges we created for you.
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Let me preface this by saying I don't give "bad" reviews to hotels and have stayed all over the world. The staff at this Wyndham was extremely friendly, and that was the only bright spot.

On the second day, the valet turned too close a pillar and scratched my running board. The chrome on the bottom also scraped, which means now it will rust. He was apologetic and a report was taken by manager John. Yet I was offered no financial recourse...no upgrade, no restaurant vouchers, not even an offer to remove remove the $28 valet charges. It was so ridiculous that even the worker who helped me get into my room after 30 minutes of waiting in the hallway expressed dismay that they had made no attempt to pacify the situation other than an apology. It was only after they told me I needed to change rooms because of the room lock did they offer me a free breakfast voucher. Really?

I am a Wyndham Rewards member, but I think this is the last time I use their brand. Thank you for ruining the Wyndham name for me, San Antonio Riverwalk.

Room Tip: Leave early in the morning for checkout. We literally had to walk down 6 flights of steps on checkou...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rortizii,
Thank you for your candid comments on your recent visit. I would like to apologize for your percieved lack of empathy relating to your vehicle being bumped in valet by one of our staff, and for the overall impact it created on your experience with us. We communicated with you again today , we have filed a claim on your behalf through our insurance company. They will be contacting you. Your valet charges were adjusted prior to your departure. Unfortunately, an upgrade consideration was not possible due to our being sold out. I am always available to assist you is any way at Kevin.Latone@sawyn.com, as we would like to maintain you as a Wyndham rewards guest.

Been to Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!