Horrid restaurant, the rest okay.
Good points: I was here for a conference. The meetings rooms were good, we negotiated free wifi. The sleeping rooms very clean. Hotel staff accommodating when they screw things up the first time (did not give me an accessible room until the third try, did not swipe my credit card on check-in so I had to go back down so they could swipe it). Free parking just across the corner and the valets tell you about it - thanks! :-).
Bad points - restaurant takes two hours to deliver a meal. There were only three tables with people, one waiter, one chef, and one manager, so they were not rushed. They just did not do anything quickly. No refills because the waiter kept disappearing. The food does not match the descriptions on the menu, then it is take it or leave it, and you have already waited over an hour for the food to arrive so you take whatever they give you. There is some horrid slimy stuff they call aioli but isn't that they apparently serve with everything. There were fingerprints in mine.
Note to management: Some of us need to eat at regular times, we need to take our medicines at regular times and with a meal. Having restaurant staff hold us captive for two hours, throwing our medication off-schedule, can be deadly. It is certainly actionable.
The beds are hard and the pillows too soft for me but others may like them.
NO Wydham Rewards at this place "Because it used to be a Crowne Plaza." I have been a Rewards member for many years and have never gotten nothing. To me this says they do not uphold the Wyndham standards which are generally very high.
Sum up - okay for staying if you are enjoying other parts of San Antonio and can negotiate a good price. Yes, they are on the Riverwalk but out on the edge and it is quite a hike to the nearest Riverwalk restaurant or other attractions. Go eat at The Blanco Cafe just a block and a half away.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio
- San Antonio Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk ***Centrally located on the historic Riverwalk*** Enjoy all the excitement, charm and culture of San Antonio while at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk hotel, a AAA 4-diamond hotel. Enjoy all the amenities of a full service hotels with the convenience of being near AT&T, Frost Bank, Toyota, Boeing, General Electric and USAA. The hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo, Hemisfair Park and Tower, El Mercado Marketplace, the San Antonio Convention Center and the RiverCenter Mall. We are a short drive to Fiesta Texas, the Six Flags Amusement Park, Sea World, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the San Antonio Missions and the San Marcos Outlet Center. In addition the hotel is conveniently located to Brooks Army Base, Kelly Air Force Base, Randolph, Lackland and Ft. Sam Houston bases. This 410-room hotel features 37,000 square feet of meeting space, with a grand ballroom and exhibit hall. All rooms are wired with high-speed Internet access with WiFi (wireless) access in the public areas. We feature valet and self parking for all guests and meeting attendees. The hotel features a roof top pool, sauna, whirlpool and a complimentary full fitness center. We are a 'pet friendly' hotel; please go to hotel features for additional information and fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.