I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in November for a conference. It had just changed owners, so it was going through some rough patches. I arrived at about 5:30 a.m. and the desk clerk was great and found me a room...later in the day the desk clerks got grumpier and less helpful. It pays well to be of good nature, calm, and helpful if you are in the hospitality business...imagine that! All but the two grump lady desk clerks the rest of the folks were great...housekeeping, maintenace (had a problem with only hot no cold water...yeah I know that's different), food service and the chef at the breakfast buffet was very friendly and made the best omlet...wish I could remember his name...he had just started a few months before. It is at the end of the river walk so don't expect to walk on the river walk (canal walk where I come from) and see the bright lights, shops, bars & cafes for about a quater of a mile, but the walk is pleasant! It is a short walk to the down town business area. The conference rooms were great, very clean, the banquet food was good. I'd stay elsewhere if I were a tourist or seeing the sights, but this is great for business traveller...It is too expensive any way you look at it...even though it is nice, it is just too much for what you get...but remember the food is good (now...check back in a few months & let me know)! Oh as far as safety goes...it's a big city, downtown/tourist area, travel in groups, take a cab or stay in your hotel...whatever floats your boat on the River, but do it safe!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio
- San Antonio Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Antonio Crowne Plaza Hotel-Riverwalk ***Centrally located on the historic Riverwalk*** Enjoy all the excitement, charm and culture of San Antonio while at the Crowne Plaza Riverwalk hotel, a AAA 4-diamond hotel. Enjoy all the amenities of a full service hotels with the convenience of being near AT&T, Frost Bank, Toyota, Boeing, General Electric and USAA. The hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo, Hemisfair Park and Tower, El Mercado Marketplace, the San Antonio Convention Center and the RiverCenter Mall. We are a short drive to Fiesta Texas, the Six Flags Amusement Park, Sea World, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the San Antonio Missions and the San Marcos Outlet Center. In addition the hotel is conveniently located to Brooks Army Base, Kelly Air Force Base, Randolph, Lackland and Ft. Sam Houston bases. This 410-room hotel features 37,000 square feet of meeting space, with a grand ballroom and exhibit hall. All rooms are wired with high-speed Internet access with WiFi (wireless) access in the public areas. We feature valet and self parking for all guests and meeting attendees. The hotel features a roof top pool, sauna, whirlpool and a complimentary full fitness center. We are a 'pet friendly' hotel; please go to hotel features for additional information and fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.