“Great Long Term Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square

You added Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   628 S Santa Rosa Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Avenida Guadalupe)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #91 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
West Hollywood, California
“Great Long Term Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Myself and my crew of 80 people all stayed at the MRI and it was great. The staff was great and kept the rooms very clean. The Sales staff was great to work with to accomodate all of our needs. We will stay here again for sure, hopefully sooner than later San Antonio was great!

I was at this hotel for over a month and had no issues the whole time.

Dustin

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Whitney W, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our staff and our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your room, as well as the service our staff provided. We strive to treat every one of our travelers like the VIPs you truly are to help you feel at home and stay comfortable while you are our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to The Alamo City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at because of the staff. I have never met nicer, more helpful people, and I travel a lot! Recommend it just because of them!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Staff get 5 stars. In the end the average score comes from the property itself. I read the other reviews and was surprised to see comments about new carpets and of anything being updated. I can only assume that some of the rooms have been updated. My husband was there on business for 2 weeks in early October, 2011 and I came in for 5 days to "vacation". We stayed on the third floor - two bedroom suite. It was not an updated room, but sorely needed it. Our furniture was old and worn, with the kind of dark spots all over the fabric that it was imbedded with age, not something the staff could clean any longer. Our window leaked during the storm and soaked the carpet, which needed major cleaning anyway. Our fireplace only turned on 1/2 the time, and the couple of "art" pieces in the room were 80's art deco and cheap looking - not pleasant to look at at all. I could hear water drips in the wall if I left the sink on in the bathroom for more than 10 seconds. The hall ways are too dark and the carpet needs updating throughout. Yes, they have a "work out" room, and it was clean, but it is small and nothing to look at with older equipment - I saw more than one person go in and come right back out. I'm sure the elevator is in great working order, however it is outdated looking and kind of small, that it's not a comfortable ride. OK, that all said - They have the best staff than about anywhere else I've ever stayed! I think if you ask for one of their updated rooms on the first floor which is lighter, you'd be very happy with your stay. I was so happy with the staff that I responded to a survey they sent me (I usually do not bother with those). From the Desk staff to the Kitchen staff, Housekeeping, the pool guy (I guess he was the maintenance guy - but I only saw him at the pool each day). They were all very friendly and accommodating. They have a great full buffet style breakfast - hard to find in a 3 star hotel. Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, Waffle Maker, More than one coffee to choose from, Salsa, Oatmeal, Biscuits and Gravy, a variety of breads. Anyway, I spoke with several of the staff while I was there and they all smiled and seemed genuinely happy to help me. In either coming or going or by hanging out by the pool myself - I always saw the pool guy keeping up with the pool area. I even saw him moving umbrellas around to keep the shade available in the heat of the day. I didn't need room cleaning each day, but I would find Housekeeping and switch out towels. They were smiling and even reminded me to bring them my trash and handed me new trash bags, simply very friendly - you don't see that often enough. I told the Marriott folks that Staff like that deserve a quality hotel to work in and be proud of. If they update the entire hotel - they could really have a place so many more would want to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at the Residence Inn for a few days and enjoyed the stay. The amenities include free parking, internet, breakfast (plus free light dinner Mon-Wed). The outdoor pool/jacuzzi is a nice feature, and there is also an exercise room. There is even a small outdoor playground. It's not right in the heart of downtown, but it's very close. We were very happy to stay here and would come back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

The hotel was really nice & comfortable. Very clean & well kept. I did have a little problem when i first arrived because after having unloaded all our luggage into the second floor suite...it turns out the door wouldnt lock! I have to say it was a bit inconvenient for me to have to haul all our luggage into a different room, because the maintanence crew wasnt available. Someone also complained about the noise coming from my room but we had 3 kids with us so i guess it was expected! The breakfast was good & they do have a variety of choices. All in all id have to say we liked it. The staff was friendly too!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Longview, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stoped here for just one night. We pulled in the parking lot and couldnt find the Lobby! Its in the same parking lot as the CourtYard. No sign saying check-in or lobby for the Residence. Very different. Hot-tub colder then bath water. Pool so cold you'd turn blue. T.V.'s are old ( not H.D.) The upper channels had a terrible buzz. Both T.V.'s. Furniture looked like it was out of the 70's. With the right improvements, this would be a nice, quiet, place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

This was a very clean hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast was always good. The room was spacious. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square? Share your experiences!