“Friendly Manager” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #272 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Friendly Manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed two nights same locations first night days inn across the high way it was terrible.Travelodge, it is clean looks new very convenient .I had no problem at all.Manager was helpful.Looking forward to stay again next visit at San Antonio.It was good stay. It was good deal for that price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
MCKINNEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Arrived at hotel very late and tired. None of my Credit cards would work. he did not state i can pay with cash. Said i cannot stay. i told him yhat he may have issues with his POS as it worked all day. Anyways i went down to Comfort Inn and lo and behold i got a room. I logged onto my Bank account and it was good with no issues. He would not refund my monies, after all i did show up and he has other issues. I would recommend that no one should stay there as this is a rather "cheesy indian manager" with a personality of a gnat/ none whatsoever. I am going to blog the crap out of this hotel. as this is not right and someone from Travelodge needs to fix this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have stayed at this moter the last couple of years because of its location and location to our event, due to the rudeness of the owner/on duty manager we will not be staying their again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I chose this place because the Travelodge website indicated they accepted dogs. No mention anywhere of a separate pet fee. When I checked in, there was a large sign at the front desk that said there would be a $20/night charge per pet. I was staying 3 nights, so that tacked on another $60 to my bill. Don't get me wrong - reasonable pet charges are within the rights of the property. But at least be upfront about it - no unpleasant surprise at check-in. Checkout is at 11 and I requested a noon check out and was told they would have to charge me another $20. For one hour. So be very careful -- this place likes to add charges. The room was clean. Had been recently updated. The pillows are 2" thick and hard as rocks. The blanket looks like it was Army surplus from the Korean war. Towels are typical Travelodge - small, threadbare and coarse. Toilet wouldn't flush - had no water pressure so for 3 days it was like using a nice portajohn. Message light on the phone blinked continuously - no messages and, according to the front desk, no way to turn it off. Not in the best part of town. No convenient restaurants. But it does have easy access to I-10 Pool is the size of a good sized living room. So there is good and bad about this place. I just know when I return to San Antonio, I will not be staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this hotel on a discount travel site where I paid before I could see the hotel name or read the reviews. $32 a night was a great rate! Hotel was easy to find and close to the freeway. It was clean outside, the staff was friendly and the room was small, but comfortable. Stayed for 3 nights and EVERY night around 4am a train came through and it was LOUD with the horns blaring. Can't blame the hotel and they offered to switch rooms, but I could tell from the loocation of the tracks it wouldn't make a difference. I'm a light sleeper and maybe this doesn't happen every week, but for me I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge San Antonio ATT Center / I-10 E? Share your experiences!