“Good, but.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn San Antonio Southeast

You added Days Inn San Antonio Southeast to your Saves list
Days Inn San Antonio Southeast
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5003 Rigsby Ave, Loop 410 & Rigsby Ave, San Antonio, TX 78222 (East Side)   |
Ranked #169 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
HOUSTON
“Good, but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My major complaint was that I had to go to special effort to block out the light from the room. The inner black out curtain was not wide enough. Other annoyances: the knob was missing off the sink drain, the person that repaired the wall must have run out of paint since I could see the sheet rock, the big room light was mounted on the wall above the TV and shined into your eyes when reading or trying to watch TV, there was no TV guide to find pit what station was on which channel, when I looked under the under the flounce at the bottom of the bed for a coin I dropped I found a battery there that I did not drop, obviously the cleaning crew never looked under the flounce.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

I searched all over the internet for a hotel I felt would meet my needs in cost, convenience, amenities and comfort... I didn't find it here!

Against my better judgement and first impression I settled on this establishment, with high hopes that it would be better then it presented itself in a picture.

It advertised highspeed internet connection, but only led to a vending apparatus in the lobby, that disconnected me way before it was supposed too, so it jipped me out of some change. (The beginning)

The eating area upon arrival was kept like someones personal kitchen. Crumbs lying about and cereal stored for the next day, looked at though it had been there for months.

The room looked decent enough, except for a couple of dead crickets around. I wondered to myself "If housekeeping had just cleaned the room, then how could this be?"

None the less, after an arduous journey from England to Dallas the night before I decided to stay, the next morning as I decided to refix my bed, I noticed to my HORROR loads of human hairs all about the mattress covers. If a DNA sample could've been done on the spot it would have showed I slept w/ half of America.

Yes, I called the front desk, and shared my experience with the clerk, but he was unmoved and it showed as housekeeping didn't show up till the latter part of the morning.

I thought I'd let it go, but I swore to myself that if there was anything else I'd be out of there!

Well, that same day I made my way to the pool, because as you know Texas is hot!

At first I couldn't open the gate, because they jimmied the lock and when I did open it and it shut by accident my children where locked in on the other side...the pool side.

Finally, we're all on the pool side together and are like wow, especially at the nice green mosaic art arrangement on the Jacuzzi that overflows into the pool. But wait, thats not a green mosaic it looked but I can't truthfully say, like green algae waving back in forth in the water. Well, that was the stick that broke the camels back.

Too make a long story short. I received an immediate refund for the nights that I didn't stay and an apology...not by the manager and owner named T.P., but from a corporate office representative and a $40 Gift Certificate to use at any Days Inn in the future.

Basically, my recommendation to you is don't stay here!

Stayed June 2007
SouthShore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2007

Management made efforts to verify our satisfaction. Wifi connection worked ok. Nice breakfast area and well supplied.

• Liked — Clean and internet access
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn San Antonio Southeast? Share your experiences!