“No discount to Lackland guests!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6502 West Old US Highway 90, San Antonio, TX 78227 (Formerly Holiday Inn) (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #180 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“No discount to Lackland guests!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here in Dec '13 for our son's graduation from AF BMT. I made the reservation online and when we checked in they said they could not help with a discount for Lackland guests. Told me I needed to check with manager the next day. Manager said no discounts, unless I had AAA or AARP. So I called HI Customer Service, they said they would talk to the hotel and have someone get back to me the next day. They didn't, so I asked again for a discount at check out, again NO. We stayed 5 nights and heard from many other guests that they were paying $87 a night, we were charged $135 a night!!!! So I suggest to any future Lackland guest that you stay somewhere else! I am sharing my recommendation with AFWingMoms as well. On the upside the staff was nice and a clean hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. Graduation rates are booked directly with Air force. We regret that we have left you with a less than memorable experience and we offer our sincerest apologies for we have failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations. We will review your concern and retrain our staff to resolve guest concern.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. It was real convenient because of the short distance to the base. The staff was nice and friendly and my room was better than expected. Will definitely come here next time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are very happy to hear you had a stay with us. Thank you for choosing us.

Nash, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Holiday Inn. We were very happy we picked this hotel while we were here for my son's graduation. Very comfortable room easy access to Airforce Base. Guest room are cozy received great service. Our rooms were very clean.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback we are glad you were able to relax and enjoy your stay with us. We will review you feedback with our staff.

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am a soldier in the Guard who was attending courses at Lackland. I was injured in January and at the time of this stay (late August) I was still non-weightbearing on my leg. I am also a Physical Therapist specializing in home health in my civilian life so I am VERY aware of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the needs of those who are disabled.

I called before making my reservation to see if the hotel had "handicapped" accomodations and I was assured they did. They explained the bathrooms were larger, the toilet was ADA compliant by being taller, the tub had a handheld shower and a tub bench to sit on. I made reservations online and I specifically requested that type of room in the comments. The next day I called to confirm the reservation and they verified that they had received the special request.

Care to guess what I didn't get?

At the check-in they couldn't find my reservation at all. I gave the girl the confirmation number as well and she still couldn't find it. She actually looked under my last name in her stack and lo and behold - there it was. Then, she said her computers were down and I would have to come back later with a card to place on file because she couldn't take one at the time. She suggested I do it the next morning - when I was supposed to be on base. I confirmed at the desk that the room was what I had requested and was assured it was as specified. I was lied to.

The room was in NO WAY ADA COMPLIANT. It had a standard tiny bathroom that there is NO POSSIBLE MANNER anyone with a wheelchair, a walker or crutches could get into. I was able to squeeze in using only one crutch and assist from a fellow soldier who then had to leave before I was stable so that I could close the door. In fact, I had to almost climb into the tub with one leg to close the door at all. It was TINY. There was no tub bench at all nor a hand-held shower. After calling the front desk and informing the girl that I was NOT happy and I was told THEN AND ONLY THEN that they didn't have a room that I had requested. That makes lie number two somewhere in the mix. I then told the girl that I would leave for another hotel if there was not at the least a tub bench in the room in ten minutes, she called the MANAGER to find out where one was to bring to the room. This reflects a serious lack of training on the part of the management or a serious lack of intellect on the part of the staff.

The room was cold when the AC was on and this is the only good thing I can say. There was a small fridge in the room which had a problem with the compressor and ticked loudly all night. The floor was filthy with food and debris pushed to the wall under the valet stands. I assume this was done when the maid ran the vac and was either too ignorant to notice or too lazy to care to pick it up. The vanity was dated and stained and the mirror was not cleaned into the corners - it seemed it was wiped down the center only as far as the maid's arm would reach while standing in front of it.

At checkout, the girl at the counter NEVER MADE EYE CONTACT ONCE. She also never asked how my stay had been. I stood at the counter for over three minutes (at 0530 mind you) while she was in the lounge talking to another staff member and not tending to her customers. I also stood in complete silence while she stared at the computer for over four minutes before she told me it was restarting so she could print a receipt.

I should also point out that I am a member of their "Preferred Guest" set-up and I was still treated like I was irrelevant. I filled out a compaint form online with the International Hotels Group that they are a part of and have twice gotten a letter telling me they are shocked and looking into it and that the hotel is a franchise and they are forwarding my information to the hotel management. In other words, they don't care and are passing the buck. At this time, four weeks later, the management group has not done a damn thing.

I have been a hotel employee in the past and I can understand the stress of working in this field. I can't understand pissing on a customer. This is amongst the worst face-to-face treatement I have ever gotten at any business, much less a hotel. I was appalled at the complete disregard for the truth, the complete uncaring attitude of the staff and the failure to meet ADA requirements and basic hygiene standards.

I have made arrangements to stay someplace else in the future and I highly recommend that no one EVER stay in this hotel again. The sooner they are out of business the sooner someone who cares can make it a better place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

I am concerned to read that your stay was not what you expected. I am truly sorry for the poor experience you have encountered in the room and for the dissatisfaction you had with our location. We regret that we have left you with a less than memorable experience and we offer our sincerest apologies for we have failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations.

Dripping Springs, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We actually were sent to this hotel because another had overbooked. But it all turned out just fine. This hotel was a little off the beaten path but still close enough to Sea World (our main goal). Had 2 grandkids with us. The bedroom was comfortable and so were the beds. The bathroom was a little small but we managed. We were on the first floor and the people above us were extremely noisy most of the night and it was bothersome, but again, we managed. The atrium area has a lovely pool and hot tub and the kids loved this. The restaurant was nice and the kids ate free from the kid menu. The Holiday Inn Staff were great. The waitress in the restaurant was very nice and helpful. I did notice they were very capable of accommodating anyone with a handicap.

Room Tip: Our first floor room had a lot of noise from the rooms above but we were also in the back of the hot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time and letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy your stay with us and relax while traveling.

Thank you again for your comments. Hope to see you in future.

Akta
Green, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 for BMT first the pros: location is extremely close to the base and the front desk personnel were top notch. Now the cons: location is extremely close to the base; translation, depressed area with nothing to do/see outside of the hotel. Although the restaurant opens at 0530 during graduation you will be hard pressed to get in/out in a timely manner even with 1-2 tables occupied. There was no 24hr coffee service available, as a result if you're a morning coffee person you will shell out over(2) $5.00 for small styrofoam cups of coffee to go from the restaurant. There are no DD, Starbucks or gas station mini-marts enroute to the base. In short, drive the extra 15 mins (it really won't make a difference regarding graduation) and stay a little farther from the base.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. Your feedback will be addressed with the department to ensure we are providing the best stay for guests at all times.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Most of the staff was great we had a bad situation with the waitress after waiting forever for food as well as to b sat I got up to us the restroom just to c our waitress coming out of the stale she begun picking at her face after some time she left without washing her hands. I was a nurse for 25 years and there r so many things you can catch from someone not washing their hands she looked to be a iv drug user so she could have hep c or worse she could have washed her hands. I would not let this young lady wait on us or on your family her name was Sonia shorter with what looks to be shoulder length hair. She has a deep Dimple in one of her cheeks. We ate there after that one night believe me we made sure she wasn't there. The waitress we had that night was a sweetheart she knew her stuff we were trying to find a movie place where we could get some dessert as well as a beer age gave me good direction. Her name was I believe melyssa. I have half mind to call health inspection to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review we take our guest feedback seriously. I am elated that melissa service exceeded your expectations. However, I do apologize for the other server was less than satisfactory at the hotel during your stay. Your feedback will be addressed with the appropriate departments to ensure we are providing the best stay for guests at all times.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Akta Patel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX

Address: 6502 West Old US Highway 90, San Antonio, TX 78227 (Formerly Holiday Inn)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > Far West Side
Ranked #180 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX 3*
For a Texas-sized welcome and services like free high-speed Internet access, reserve a spacious hotel room or suite at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX. This hotel is just a mile away from Lackland Air Force Base and is ideally suited for family and friends attending graduation ceremonies for airmen finishing up Lackland Basic Military Training. For entertainment the whole family will love, San Antonio attractions like SeaWorld, the Alamo and River Walk are less than a 10-mile drive away. On site, enjoy a modern fitness center, a business center and an outdoor pool. Don't miss a single morning at the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet. 100% non-smoking facility ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Lackland Hotel San Antonio
Holiday Inn San Antonio
San Antonio Holiday Inn
Lackland Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.