“This hotel is in a very convenient location to Lackland...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge San Antonio Lackland

You added Travelodge San Antonio Lackland to your Saves list
Travelodge San Antonio Lackland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   120 Rustleaf Dr., Rustleaf and S.W. Military Dr, San Antonio, TX 78242   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #173 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Tilton
“This hotel is in a very convenient location to Lackland...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is in a very convenient location to Lackland AFB, which was our primarily purpose for this trip. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Sunny S, Manager at Travelodge San Antonio Lackland, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, your family will be even more pleased if you choose to stay with us once more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This was the best value of my trip and it was right by the base. You do need a car to get other places as its a few miles on either side to other amenities but we enjoyed our stay. Room is dated but clean. Bed was comfy. Although the mini fridge in our room froze the milk, it was a good stay

• Stayed December 2012
Ingleside Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

everything was great at the hotel. The only problem I am having is that I can not get wyndham to put my rewards in on the stays. Wyndham rewards people are very difficult. I spend a lot of money on Wyndham hotels and I cannot get them to recognize that. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for being a wonderful guest. Your review is greatly appreciated!
Burbank, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Don't let this hotel's location fool you. At a glance, it looks...shady. Fact is, the location was safe, convenient, quiet, and very easy to find. As a bonus...some of the cheapest gas in the city can be found right across the street.

The hotel is more than adequate. The room was not what I expected from a Travelodge. It was fairly recently renovated, and quite clean. We had a room with a king size bed. The bed and the table/chairs were separated by a small dividing wall, to give the room a sort of mini-suite feel. The bed was very comfortable. We slept like babies in it. The small dining table was adequate enough for two people to eat a meal. The AC/heater kept the room perfectly warm for us. The room included a wall mounted Samsung LCD TV with about 60-70 channels. This is the first hotel I've stayed in that offered both HBO and Showtime. There were more than enough channels to keep us entertained while in the room. The in-room coffee maker worked well, and brewed us some nice strong coffee. The room also had a safe, a microwave, and a fridge. It was honestly quite a lot of amenities for such a low-priced room. My wife and I were thoroughly impressed.

The bathroom was small, but adequate. The shower had just the right amount of pressure, and the water was quick to heat up. My only gripe with the hotel is that the bathroom door did not close properly, but after notifying the manager upon checkout, he assured me that it would be fixed promptly. There were lots of towels included with the room, and the sink counter space was very large.

Breakfast was a simple continental breakfast. Juice, cereal, pre-packaged oatmeal, bagels, pastries, toast, and fruit were included. The breakfast area is very small, but still more than enough considering the price.

The hotel manager was helpful and friendly. He made sure that we were comfortable and taken care of.

Overall...our stay was excellent. Like I told the manager, we will most definitely be returning to this hotel when we return to San Antonio.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sunny S, Manager at Travelodge San Antonio Lackland, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, you were a great guest. We would love to have you again, of course, book with us next time and we will give you a better discount along with some other treats. We thank you for the time spent with us--hope to see you again, real soon!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel was easy to find, the room was clean, very affordable and close to the places that we visited. The staff was very friendly and my friend said that the free breakfast was very good. The room had free WiFi, but even thought it was free, it required a password to use it. HBO was on the channel lineup, but only worked for 1 night. 2 light bulbs were burnt out and the toilet handle had issues with it. The key card stopped the day of check out. When I informed the desk clerk, she was very happy that I told her. These were very minor issues and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking for more ways to improve the quality of our hotel and its services. We are hoping to see you, and or family again soon.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here when my daughter graduated BMT. The staff was VERY helpful with directions and trying to resolved ANY problems I had. They even fussed at me for not telling them my coffee pot didn't work until my check-out.. .LOL It was the quietest motel I EVER stayed in. Never saw the first bug.Beds were comfortable. The ONLY problem I saw was toilet seat needed a screw or screw needed to be tightened but I never checked..But I am sure IF I would have said something they would have fixed it with no problem. It was so convenient to base and eating. I WILL stay again if I am ever back in town. Don't let the lower price throw you off... Give them a try I am sure you will be pleased... Thank you again to the staff... You will be greatly missed !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback, we thank you for the honesty and appreciation you had for our property. And, of course, we would love to see you again real soon!

Been to Travelodge San Antonio Lackland? Share your experiences!