“Good but Busy” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Toronto Ontario Canada
“Good but Busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had lunch here and while the food was tasty and good portion, the place was a zoo. Unlimited salad bar was very good.

Visited July 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great value for money, great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My only regret is that we (my daughter and I) didn't eat here earlier! Jason's Deli is super close to the Omni San Antonio Hotel (which by the way is also a great place to stay!). The variety of choices, the quality of food, the warm, friendly and helpful staff and service, and the clean premises made for a great eat out! The free ice-cream on offer to all was a special and welcomed treat! Loved the iced tea on tap too. Carlos the Manager is a super cool guy! I'd love to see something like this in New Zealand! I'll be back next year and at the start of my stay. Keep up the wonderful service!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio
“CHAIN RESTAURANT BUT A NOTCH ABOVE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is not a New York City deli so get this straight. It is a chain. However, the selection is very good and the staff really makes you feel at home from the time you walk in to the counter. Salad bar is a good value because of the selection available. The complimentary ice cream cones are a big plus. Service is very good and the staff is constantly circulating to clean the tables. I will be back and have been back for years. Consistency is always there.

Visited February 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“This Wad's For You!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My visits to Jason's has been mostly agreeable with decent sandwiches and soups served by frenzied workers to a queue of harried business lunch time customers anxiously searching for an open table over which to ralph their food. Not the most pleasant of dining experiences, but the end result of sated appetite was achieved.
My only complaint (actually I have two) is that they always place a wad of meat in the center of the sandwich leaving the edges bare. Rearrangement of contents to even out the mound is a bit of a hassle. Take an additional 2 seconds and distribute the contents evenly across the bread when it is being made. How hard is that?! If they are trying to emulate a NY deli, Katz's Deli they ain't! At Katz's, the amount of filling is so monstrous that the 3 inch wad landslides down to the rest of the sandwich edges by sheer gravity. Jason's would have to triple the amount of its ingredients to match the feat (and the prices I'm sure - which are already a bit inflated).
Also, and I may be alone on this one (except for my wife), keep the fruit out of the chicken salad!! If I wanted fruit, I would have bought a fruit salad.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mesquite
“Not up to standard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Ordered a Plain Jane potato to go. It was REALLY plain. When I got it home I found that it had no bacon and no sour cream! I should have checked thre order before I left the restaurant but have never had a problem before at a Jason's.

Visited February 2013