“Fun, Drive through Safari” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Zoos
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: An African Safari, Texas Style. View and feed species from all over the world in the comfort of your own car.
The Woodlands, Texas
25 attraction reviews
“Fun, Drive through Safari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our family visited this facility as part of our Spring Break vacation. It was very busy, which is to be expected. They were helpful at the gate offering you a map of the property (free), a brochure with details about the different animals (for a fee) and feed for the animals(small fee). It was a cloudy day, but not raining and most of the animals were out for you to see. Several of them were brave enough to come right up to the car looking for hand outs. The zebra even stuck his head in the car and grabbed the remainder of my bag of food right out of my lap! So beware! But no harm done and it was lots of fun for all. There was a petting zoo at the end, mostly goats, and a small pond with an island for ring tailed lemurs that you could walk around. There was a small gift shop, cafe and restrooms available on the property as well. I would recommend this activity to anyone with small children or an interest in animals.

Cypress, Texas
“BIG waste of time & money!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We took our 13 yr. old son & his friend here over Spring Break. The 1 1/2 hr. wait to get into the park should have been the first clue to what a nightmare this outting would be! It was super crowded and the entire drive through the wildlife park was like a very bad traffic jam with a FEW wild animals to see. The animals did not interact with us at all. They wouldn't even move or look up when offered food. It was obvious they were tired and overfed. At one point we tried to flag down an employee to see if we there was a way we could exit early, only to be ignored. Toward the end of the drive, our boys gave up on the animals and rolled up the car windows. For the sake of both the animals & guest, I really feel like the park should limit the number of visitors during peak times. I would prefer to have been turned away,than to spend $60 only to be disappointed. I never write online reviews ( this is a 1st) , but I am hoping to spare other parents this horrible experience!!!!

Austin, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“Pricey but entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

It's expensive to get into ($15 with the $2 coupon on their site) and not so enjoyable when it's very crowded. When it's busy it's like being stuck in a traffic jam with wild animals.

The best time to go is early morning when the animals are hungry and haven't been fed by the masses. You can see everything in about 60-90 minutes. There are giraffes, rhinos, camels, zebras, ostriches, buffalo and all the animals outside cages are very tame (though some will make serious efforts to grab your bag of food).

The restaurant on site smells pretty dire so I'd recommend bringing your own food. I have no idea what they're cooking but the odor was enough to make me wretch.

Angleton, Texas, United States
14 attraction reviews
“Spring Break Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Didn't know it was spring break till we got there at 9:30 and the traffic wasn't bad, but it looked like those that came after went through a nightmare, I've found that the animals are more active (as they were this time) when it's cooler, even if they aren't hungry, we had an ostrich that posed for us, but when my wife tried to take a picture it tried to grab the camera, so she got a video of it...

Houston, Texas
38 attraction reviews
“Lots of animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Get there early! The wait in line was not too bad, but by the time we left, cars were lined up a long ways. There were a lot of animals along the drive, they didn't seem very hungry by the time we got there. When you pay for admittance, it comes with a bag of food, I would not advise to purchase extra bags of food, the animals are all pretty full by the time you get there.