“Sea Wolrd San Antonio - Teachers and Active Military FREE Passes!!! 2011” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SeaWorld San Antonio

SeaWorld San Antonio
10500 SeaWorld Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)
800-700-7786

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Aquariums, Water Parks
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: World's largest marine life adventure park covers 250 acres, which are comprised of four individual parks that bring exotic creatures from the sea into an urban jungle.
McKinney, Texas
“Sea Wolrd San Antonio - Teachers and Active Military FREE Passes!!! 2011”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Had to share. They are extending the 6/30 deadline for teachers to get in free at Sea World. You have to CALL!!!! It will go until August 30th, 2011. You need to call first, bring your on-line voucher, a current teacher certification and picture id. We really appreciate this. :)

As for the military, you need to be active. Sea World needs to change this! Retired teachers and military should qualify as well !!! You fought in a war and put in 20 years in the military, but don't qualify is ridiculous! Please contact Sea World and let them know your thoughts.

San Antonio, Texas
“Safety at Sea World San Antonio Texas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We always have been greatful to Sea World for the Here's to The Heros free ticketts for four. Our family usally ends up getting season passes. We are in love with the dolphins and spend a small fortune contriduting to their meals. We usually spend anywhere from $100 to $ 350 in merchandise every vist which is around 4 or more and we are fortune in these econmic conditions to have been able to have sea world as our get away even if just for a day. I will not be returning to Sea World san antonio due to the poor security response. We where at a condiment stand when a woman pushes my 9 year old son aside knock his $8.00 meal out of his hands. I am mid sentence with my son he asking me why I am not eating... I told him because I am getting as big as a cow. This woman starts screaming at me. (I have no idea who she is just the person who walk between me and my child and in his words my precious beacon chesse buger . The Woman walks away and walks back calls me a obscence words and gives me the dirty finger. Then stands there violently posturing me with her two tall male companions. I tell them that she pushed my son and I just shake my head because I don't know what is going on and escort my 9 years old son and 7 year old daugther to a table
I figure it safer in a crowd. I wait till the people are no longer there. Tell the kids to hurry up and eat. So we can go to customer care because I am alittle scared after being verbally assulted in front of my children. It takes the young lady 5 minutes to figure out what to do because she just a child try make her living. She knock on a door for 3 minutes and no one responds to her. She hands me a complaint letter. I said no I want security it takes them 10 minutes to even respond. Then they have no clue how to handle the situation. They hurriedly escort me and my children out of the park and ruining our day of fun.( I don't know if it my comment that maybe I should call SAPD. ) Instead of doing what is approiate and escorting the people who are violently intimdating me and my children out of the park

I will let everyone know that I come into contact with to be weary for their and their childrens safety while at sea world.

Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Great time at SeaWorld! Prepare for the heat and be aware of the pros and cons before you go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My family (with children ages 9, 2, and 4 months) visited Sea World for two consecutive days, on Saturday, 6/25 and Sunday, 6/26. We had a blast! The park was at 100% capacity on Saturday so it was wall to wall people. Sunday was better, at only 50% capacity.
We saw the Shamu show, called “One Ocean”, along with the show “Azul” featuring a beluga whale and dolphins and amazing diving, and the sea lion show called “The Cannery Row Caper”. My kids loved all three shows, although we were devastated when we walked all the way across the park to see the Shamu show and it was already full. We ended up going back and seeing it later. The shows were all good, but our favorite was “Azul”. It literally makes you ooh and aah. Wish they had some fans and/or some water misters or something mounted inside the Beluga stadium. It was like sitting in a sauna. The sea lion show was very entertaining and funny. The Shamu show was not as exciting as it used to be, but we still loved it.
We fed and pet the dolphins. My kids absolutely loved this, even though we had to stand in line to buy a small paper tray of four small fish (at a $6 charge). The feeding area was somewhat crowded, but we waited patiently and finally got an open spot. The dolphins are very animated and eager to eat, so you will get some great photo opportunities if you can stand to the side of your children or even across the pool from them and you have a good zoom on your camera. (If you go to the other side to take photos, have an adult stay with them! You don’t want your child falling in! Mine were so excited that they leaned too far over the wall a few times.)
The Sharks/Coral Reef exhibit was just okay – similar to many other aquariums that we’ve visited – but it was a nice place to cool off for a few minutes. Ditto for the Penguin Encounter building. I was very appreciative that they have benches located inside the (blessedly) air conditioned Penguin Encounter.
My nine year old gave both roller coasters two thumbs up, and the lines for each were (surprisingly) not very long at all.
The Sesame Street “Bay of Play” area is great for smaller children…they have small rides, splash stations, and plenty of stuff to climb on and climb through. If you are looking to cool off and the water park is full, head to the Bay of Play area and hang out in the splash station area for a while.

Pros:
The once-in-a-lifetime opportunities like feeding and petting dolphins
Two good roller coasters
Air conditioned restaurants and retail shops where you can cool off
Splash zone in the Sesame Street area
Texas teachers get in free with their teaching certificate

A few things that would GREATLY improve the park:
Food was not as overpriced as we anticipated, but the restaurants were terribly overcrowded. People were literally fighting over tables and chairs. They need to add a few more restaurants to help with traffic control. Our most miserable experience of the entire two days was trying to get lunch. (Seafire Grill was the worst, but they all looked overcrowded during meal times.)
There are not very many water fountains. I’m sure this is to encourage you to spend almost three dollars on each bottle of water. However, in San Antonio, heat stroke and heat exhaustion are very real and very dangerous risks. They have a sign posted at the park entrance that says no outside food and no outside drink. However, we did put several sippy cups full of water in our bags, and we refilled them at the few water fountains.
They did have a lot of shaded areas, but thought they could use a few more “cool zones” with fans and misters. Six Flags seems to have a lot more of these than Sea World did. The shaded areas were at a premium and a bit crowded.
The water park was jam packed full of people, with long lines for all the water slides, and locker rental was FOURTEEN DOLLARS. Come on, Sea World. After charging $60 for a ticket, $16 to park, $3 for a bottle of water, $6 for a tiny tray of dolphin food, $20 for a photo, you’re going to stick it to us by charging FOURTEEN DOLLARS to rent a small locker? Granted, they do provide you with a $5 voucher toward food or merchandise…but that’s just another way to make more money.
The line to get in the gate in the mornings was unreal. They do a bag check for security purposes (and I am appreciate of that), but the entire process was a logistical nightmare. I would add more entry lines to get people in a bit quicker.
Wish they had a way to alert people that a show is full before they walk all the way across the park to get there. Maybe an electronic sign or two somewhere along the way?
Tips: Buy your tickets online before you go and save waiting in a very long line. Wear water shoes when walking in the water park – the concrete is very hot. Wear light colored, light weight and breathable clothing and a LOT of sunscreen.
Overall, we had a wonderful time, although we did feel a bit “dollared” to death. But this IS an amusement park!

houston, tx
9 attraction reviews
“Go early in the day and pay to play!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Welcome to Seaworld: Parking $15 - but that's not close parking, you can pay $25 to park closer. There is a long wait time to get through security and then more lines to scan your ticket. Allow plenty of time to just enter the park.
Waterpark: Lockers- a whopping $14! The lockers are right there where you walk in, but you have to hike over to another building, and wait in a long line to pay for your key. Very confusing. We wasted time figuring this all out and decided to hike back to the roller coaster area, pay $1 for a locker and hike back. This took a long time, but we thought it was better than that long line to pay $14!
Food and Drinks: expensive, crowded and school-cafeteria like. We left the park during the hot,crowded part of the day ( have your hand stamped for when you return) went to an airconditioned nice restaurant, had a good lunch for a lower cost, and then returned later. (parking receipt good all day)
Shows: pretty cheezy, but the animals are beautiful
Roller coasters: Awesome! go early- there are no lines then. Also, they tend to all "break down" and close at various times throughout the day for some reason. Usually they tend to only run one car at a time. So, the wait can get really long when it's crowded. (There are several cars available, but they just don't run them.)
Animal exhibits : Showing their age- not as nice as Orlando, still the animals are great to see!
Park is "open late" till 10 pm, but don't plan on riding any rides then. They all seem to "break down" and close around 8 pm.
Free Beer samples: Not anymore. You can pay $6.50 now at the soft drink stands.
Soft drinks: You can buy a cup for $12, and get refills all day for .99. (save cup for future visits)
Somehow, it's still a fun place to go for the weekend, if you live within driving distance.Just come prepared and arrive early. The roller coasters and sea animals are worth all the hassles.

New Mexico
13 attraction reviews
“Fun for families...here are the pros and cons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

The good things: Lots to see and do, the water park is loads of fun as well, and the animals are obviously cool. If you go, buy the souvenir cup. It sounds expensive at 8.99 per cup, but refills the rest of the season are then just .99 cents and you will NEED refills because it is HOT. The Azul show is amazing, so you need to see it. Eat at Rositas all you can eat pizza and pasta: you will spend just as much for a turkey leg so you might as well do a buffet. Also, ride the Great White.
The bad things: the Rio Loco isn't fun at all, and if you go to the lazy river during peak times you will get mauled by the seemingly millions of hyper active children and their cranky parents who will join you. So go when the masses are off eating lunch. The Shamu show isn't very good anymore since the trainers aren't allowed (at least that's what one of the girls said) to get in the water with them anymore.
Obviously, you have to go to Sea World if you are in San Antonio! All in all, you won't regret it.