“Great location for shopping, activities, and users of wheelchairs.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites San Antonio North - Stone Oak

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites San Antonio North - Stone Oak to your Saves list
Comfort Suites San Antonio North - Stone Oak
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1754 N. Loop 1604 E., San Antonio, TX 78232 (Far North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Denver, CO
“Great location for shopping, activities, and users of wheelchairs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was chosen for us as a part of a sled hockey tournament--the team was there last year, too. The hotel is across the parking lot from a movie theater and within walking/rolling distance of shopping, restaurants, and the ice rink.

Because the rooms are suites, there is lots of space to move around. I am not in a wheelchair nor was I in a handicapped-specific room, but I thought the bathroom vanity might be too high. I did notice a bar on the wall in the shower. One of my teammates was in a handicapped-specific room and said the shower was built right with the seat within reaching distance of the seat.

The free breakfast was decent. I noticed some folks in wheelchairs having trouble reaching some food items.

• Stayed February 2013

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for fun. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I would stay here the next time I'm in the area. It's kind of hard to find but it was worth it.

Stayed January 2013
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We live in a small town so we were so happy to be in walking range of multiple stores, restaurants, and a nice movie theatre. Safe area. The room was clean, breakfast was about average (not enough tables on Saturday), and the staff friendly. It is difficult to find. Look for the HEB store, Barnes and Noble, Northwoods Stadium 14 Theatre and exit ahead of time onto the access road if on 1604 coming from the West, or onto San Pedro if on 281

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuitesGM_txb2, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio North - Stone Oak, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
TexasPackerFan,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. Our location is very convenient to restaurants and shopping and a movie theater next door is definitely a plus for the traveler. We look forward to you staying with us in the future and thank you for being our guest. We know you have a choice when seeking lodging and appreciate you choosing us.

Jeff Vienne / General Manager
1754 N Loop 1604 E
(210) 495-5557
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel after reading the very good reviews on Trip Advisor but our experience was little less perfect.

The room: was good and spotless clean.

Breakfast: food was OK, but in the breakfast restaurant were only about 10 tables and it gave such a poor feeling to see less fortunate people, who did not get the chance to find a table, eating breakfast while standing, some of them holding babies as well. It was like in a train station. For a all-suites hotel, expecting large families, the breakfast room is sub-optimal.

The service: As I forgot the laptop charger in the previous hotel, I ask the lady at the reception to check if they have a spare charger I could use while in the hotel. She said she must ask the manager (as one can imagine, it was a difficult decision to borrow me a charger or not). After 1 hour I asked her again for the charger and she gave me a business card asking me to call in 1hour. Disappointing.
When returning in the night we asked again the front desk and a nice guy this time tried to help us. He did not have a charger that fit my laptop, but at least he tried.

Location: not in the city but OK if one have a car

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We often travel to San Antonio from Georgetown, Texas to visit our grandchildren (a distance of over 150 mi.). This is our favorite property - a little difficult to locate due to the heavy construction at the intersection of Loop 1604 and US-281; the hotel is located within the Northwoods Shopping Center directly behind the HEB Supermarket. The front-desk staff is excellent, the housekeepers are overly efficient and the Manager (Jeff Vienne) always "goes out of his way" to be helpful and accommodating. On a recent Thanksgiving Holiday trip, he even called us at our home (prior to departing) to arrange for a different room other than our "old" favorite one. Highly recommend this truly outstanding Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Our "favorite room" used to be on the 1st floor - now it is the top floor (4th floor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuitesGM_txb2, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio North - Stone Oak, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
When I read this review, all the hard work that my staff and I put forth each and every day has paid dividends. Our focus is to provide a memorable and delightful stay when our guests visit the Comfort Suites - Stone Oak. I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided 100% guest satisfaction. We look very forward to your return when you come to San Antonio to visit your grandchildren. These reviews not only help the prospected buyers find the right hotel but we use them also to improve the guest experience. Thank you so very much for taking time out to review our hotel and look forward to your arrival in the future.

Jeff Vienne
(210) 495-5557
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nice looking well kept place, super friendly desk man, BUT - the bane of motels for me - no fresh air. Bad ventilation system that won't stay on steadily + windows that are sealed shut. I can't sleep with these so-called eco-friendly or green or whatever they call the damned things, ventilation systems that bang on and off all night. I hate them and I know I'm not the only one, and don't tell me that they don't make the good ones anymore, because the good motels have them.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel on the north side of town, this one would be hard to beat. It offers a direct shot into downtown attractions like the Alamo and River Walk. It sits amid a shopping complex in walking distance of a supermarket and restaurants. It's clean, well-maintained, and the staff is great. Out twin queen suite was very comfortable for three adults and a bargain at $104.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuitesGM_txb2, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio North - Stone Oak, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
tsainta,

Thank you for such kind words of our staff and hotel. We work very hard to make each and every guests stay comfortable and enjoyable. I use these reviews to improve and/or share with the staff of a job well done. We look forward to your return one day so we can provide you with our southern hospitality once again.

Jeff Vienne / General Manager
San Antonio, Texas 78232

Been to Comfort Suites San Antonio North - Stone Oak? Share your experiences!