“sleeping girl” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #222 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“sleeping girl”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

I stayed here a few times. I came to use the computer and the girl who worked there was on it. She acts mad that I want to do it. I also saw her sleeping late at night. I like this motel. It's close to where I live and its nice to get away here. I told the lady who I think is the manager. She is always there when I come in and she apolozed for the girl. I did get put into a room with no working televison. The lady moved me to another room and it was a nice time. It looks nice and clean and there are no bugs or smells in there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

I checked into this motel in the evening and went to my room, I was surprised when a couple of people tried to get into my room. I walked to desk and the young girl was mopping the large lobby. She apologized for giving someone the wrong room keys. I went into the lobby to use the guest computer around 4am, and the same young girl was asleep on the couch. I am not happy that they have irresponsible people working at this place. I woulda told manager about all my things that happened but girl who checked me out said shes not working that day. The room was clean and nice, until I had people walk in on me. I will come back again but will keep my door bolted. They have a okay breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We had never stayed at a Days Inn before, so we were a little nervous about what to expect. The area seemed a little iffy, but the hotel was surrounded by a fence, and it helped knowing it wasn't a motel. The room was spacious. The bed wasn't very comfortable. The air conditioner was very off. We usually sleep with the air on 68 at night, but with this unit on 61 we still woke up sweating. Our main problem with the hotel was at breakfast. First of all there weren't enough tables, but there was plenty room to add more. Second of all, there were a LOT of people not wearing any shoes! We couldn't believe that both adults and kids were coming down to an eating area BAREFOOT! There was one worker around who was working both the breakfast area and the front desk, so I felt bad for her, but we also thought that management should have said something. Lastly, there weren't any tongs to grab the bread/bagels/donuts. So just watching the barefoot folks move the things around with their hands before deciding on one grossed us out.

Overall, we got the hotel for $65, so we were still happy with the deal.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

I am a Days Inn Front Desk Manager from another hotel in Austin, TX so I know what to look for in good service and good accommodations and I was very pleased with my recent visit to Days Inn San Antonio at Palo Alto!

I had some problems with my travels while getting there, as I had been delayed in Houston the day of arrival and could not make it back to Austin to pick up my employee voucher before heading to the hotel in San Antonio to check in. I called the hotel and explained what was going on and the manager, Tina, was very understanding and helpful and allowed me to make an exception and have my G.M. from my hotel fax it to them instead of presenting it in person. I've experience other hotel managers not being so understanding about extenuating circumstances like that, and I was very relieved with her pleasant and helpful attitude.

Then, upon check in, we were greeted with a very friendly & efficient front desk girl, Monica, who was also very helpful in getting me some personal & bath items that I was not able to bring with me, due to all the crazy circumstances earlier in my day and not being able to go home to get my luggage before I came. I had a business conference the next morning so I was greatful for her help with that! The girl that checked us out in the morning, Elaine, was also super nice and helpful too! I realized we didn't have conditioner in our room when I went to take a shower in the morning and she went above and beyone to find us some! Then, when we checked out she was very efficient as well.

The hotel is a newer property, only about 2 years old, and is very clean! It was one of the nicest and cutest Days Inn's I've ever seen or been to! The rooms are very large and comfortable. There are Flat Screen LCD TV's in the rooms and they have around 70 channels. The bathroom was also very large, and 2 girls travelling together really appreciate that! They also have a computer and printer in the lobby for guests to use, with complimentary internet, and that really helped me out when I needed to print my directions to the meeting I was going to in the morning. The Continental Breakfast in the morning was typical but nice and more than enough, as they also have waffles! The Texas-shaped wafles are very yummy and will fill you up for a long time! I also like that they offer juice, coffee, tea, fruit , bagels, a few kinds of cereal, muffins, and danishes. So, not a bad selection at all! Some hotels only offer coffee and a donut and call that a "Continental Breakfast"! The larger & fancier hotels and 4 and 5 star properties that I've stayed at don't even offer a complimentary breakfast at all. Nothing is complimentary at those places, even when you are paying $200+ per night. So, for the money, you get a lot at this Days Inn, and it is well worth it. The price is very affordable, the service was great, and the property and rooms were well maintained and clean, and that is the most important thing to me. Also, the location was perfect for us and super close to Downtown, only about 5-7 minutes away, and super easy to find.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay there again myself!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I stay at this hotel every week at least for 3 to 4 days. I have been coming here for over two months now. I never had any major problem. One day my heat wasn't turning on for some reason and the lady at the front desk walked to my room and took care of that right away. One time I asked for some extra towels since I had spill my drink on the floor, instead of bring me towels the manager came to my room and cleaned up my mess right away. I would recommend this place to anyone. It’s quite and cozy and the service is great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
san antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

i would never recommend this place to anyone only if the management and housekeeping had better attitudes and would clean my room on a daily basis, ive been here for over a month close to 6 weeks. They have only cleaned my room less than half of the time and the most gross unpleasant thing was they made me unclog my "OWN TOILET" the manager by the name of Tina had the nerve to hand me the plunger herself instead of offering to unclog herself it was clogged for over 3 days that goes to show how often housekeeping comes and checks our rooms.im constantly asking for towels and toilet paper "MYSELF" all the women front desk have been very pleasant and helpful to me and my children if it werent for them i would have checked out the first week and took my business elsewhere housekeeping is beyond rude to my children while im at work.Tinas husband has been very very friendly and nice to me and my children as well. i also have heard several guests during breakfast and private conversations that the management is rude which has brung me to write this review. sincerely guest rm 103 & 105

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We attended our daughters graduation from Air Force basic military training and stayed for 5 nights. We found the hotel to be an excellent value with great accomodations and service.
The hotel is very clean, comfortable and conveniently located between Lackland Air Force base and downtown San Antonio. They also offer a nice continental breakfast.
We highly recomment this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn San Antonio at Palo Alto? Share your experiences!