“Hidden surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Papa Nacho's Cantina

Papa Nacho's Cantina
24165 W Interstate 10, San Antonio, TX 78257 (Northwest Side)
(210) 698-7879
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Helotes, Tx
“Hidden surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I have driven by this restaurant for several years. Thinking it was a small wannabe mexican restaurant with a specific menu. Wow! Was I surprised! The place is spaciuos, beatifully decorated, full bar and the food was delicious! I ordered the puffy tacos. They were huge! I could only finish one of the two. The borracho beans were awesome! The tortillas fresh and hot. The green enchiladas and crispy taco plates wete delicious as well. With the reasonable pricing and lunch specials, I will go back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Antonio, Texas
“If I'm in the area, this is where I eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Papa Nacho's is waaaaay out IH-10 on the way to Boerne. If I happen to be in that area, that's where I go. The ambience and service are excellent, the prices are right, and the food is delicious. My son goes nuts over the enchiladas verdes. I pick whatever suits my fancy. Its always good. Great salsas, too.

Visited June 2012
“Best in San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

There are lots of Mexican restaurants in San Antonio. Some good and some not so good. Papa Nachos food rates among the very best. Especially try any of their chicken dishes. Their lunch specials are an excellent value. If ordering any of the meat dishes, upgrade to "fajita meat". It's worth it. We go there about once a month, and within a few miles of our home, we have lots of choices. Nice atmosphere. Located in the far NW corner off of I-10 at Leon Springs.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great service and awesome beef fajitas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the beef fajitas, which were awesome and my wife really liked the fish tacos. If you are into soup try the jalapeno soup.... But be warned it's a but spicy. The service was excellent as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“Always Consistant - Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very good Tex Mex. Great encheletas w/ super chili sauce. Good cold Mexican beer. Watch the fish dishes. Can be overly salty, The tamiqueno steak plate is awesome. The super nachos are really loaded. These guys also own Scuzzi Italian and Bourbon Street both are very good also. Sorry about my spelllng on the Spanish.

• Visited September 2011