“I've had o.k. experiences here but tonight was great.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 212 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Chinese
Boston, Massachusetts
“I've had o.k. experiences here but tonight was great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I've been here many times before in the past and usually it's average. Tonight I really enjoyed everything about it. The service was great. So many Chinese restaurant has gotten away from what they used to be. We got ice water, tea, bread with butter. At the end of the meal with got Pineapple with our fortune cookies. It reminded me of when I used to go out for Chinese as a kid. The waitress was very attentive. The food was hot and delicious. It did not taste like something that had been sitting for awhile. The boneless spareribs had hardly any fat, and they were triple the size of normal boneless spareribs. The Lo-mein was good. I was just really impressed tonight. I will return again soon for sure. The prices were average.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cypress, Texas
“OK, when nothing else is open late at night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Food is OK, a place to go late at night when nothing else is open. Staff is very nice, kind of dark inside.

Visited May 2012
SALEM, MA
“Mai Tai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Mai Tais that are good tasting and strong, friendly and funny bartenders, tasty Hunan beef and lo mein made my afterwork funk go away. Good old school chinese restaurant,

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit, Michigan
“Strangely delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I ended up going here because last year on our visit to Salem we kept passing it because we got lost. So this year we decided we had to go there.

I was really surprised. From the outside, it looks a little on the odd side but the inside is the best decorated chinese restaurant I've ever been in, the food was delicious and the waitstaff was attentive. I ordered the Chicked Egg Foo Young and he had the Pork Lo Mein. The only reason I didn't rate this 5 stars is because there was no Egg Roll or Soup that came with the meal. However, you Do get a fresh warm bread basket. I also had a Zombie drink which was really good. I'm very surprised at how much we enjoyed our meal there. I'd definitely go back again when we're in the area!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Good food and fun times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Always like going to Fantasy Island with Friday and Saturday nights offering entertainment in addition to good food.

Its a great place where people know each other and have a good time.

The food is very good with great crab meat rangoon and boneless spareribs. The singapore rice noodle could use a little more heat though.

Drinks are very good and at a decent price.

I would recommend it for a great night out.

Weekdays are quieter for those that don't like the entertainment.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Fantasy Island? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fantasy Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.