“Last Passage to India” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Salem, MA
“Last Passage to India”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Since the last time I ate at Passage to India there have been a few changes. They have expanded the restaurant and added another bar. While the food was still good, it was not as good as in the past and the service has suffered the expansion.
Our server came to the table every minute or so, until we finally ordered. Once we ordered we did not see him again until he brought the check. Dirty dishes (from the apps) were not removed - we had to ask a server and then gather them for him.
Since the food is good and Passage is the only Indian restaurant in town - it will continue to do well, BUT they really need to work on the customer service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Massachusetts
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love this place. Every time I go I get the Chicken Tikka Masala. So delicious. The staff are also great as well. They are so super friendly.

Visited May 2013
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Tasty Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went to dinner at Passage to India last night.

We thought it was very tasty.

We got the Garlic Naan, I was actually a bit surprised to see they added cilantro...so beware if you're not a cilantro fan....

I got the Chicken Korma and my husband got the Chicken Tikka Masala. Mine was quite tasty, great spices in the sauce. My husbands was smokey....good, but we both thought mine was better.

Give it a try if you're looking for Indian...

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“The only one in Salem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Passage to India in the only Indian restaurent in the area. The food in great. INdian bread, chicken, beef or lamp in different kind of Indian sauce. The rice i also excellant.

Have a treat for yourself. Try it... You will love it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Massachusetts
“Best for Indian cuisine on the north shore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Passage to India has a lot going for it: little to no competition, a fantastic downtown location, an extensive menu, and ample room. All of these things wouldn't matter, however, if the quality of the food and service was poor.

Fortunately the quality of the food and the service is terrific. I have had Indian food in Boston and Cambridge but I think this Salem Restaurant is as good or better than any of them. I eat here every opportunity I get. And whether I chose to dine in or take out, I am consistently happy. It's a great place for vegetarians, paleos, and omnivores (tho not great for vegan).

Menu items that we frequently order and are always pleased with: palak paneer, vegetable marsala, vegetable and meat samosas, shrimp goa, onion naan. The most recent order had us bowled over at how tasty the tandoori mixed grill was.

It's worth noting that the place can get pretty busy and also that there is limited parking in the immediate area. If you are doing take out, a local tip is to park at the Dunkin Donuts across the street.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere