“Best B&B hands DOWN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Northey Street House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Northey Street House Bed and Breakfast
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Best B&B hands DOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at quite a few B&B's in my day. I must say - my wife and I stayed at The Northey St. House and had pretty decent expectations. Little did I know how FAR exceeded those expectations would be!! I remember thinking and discussing with my wife that the place was a bit pricey and that we could probably find something cheaper. However, she'd never stayed at a B&B and she was in love with the pictures. When we got there, it was after 11pm. Flora had left a note out for us welcoming us, as well as left the door unlocked so we could get in. The room was beyond beautiful and so well kept. Everything about this place screamed 'home' and 'tasteful'. The next morning we went up to breakfast. We were greeted warmly by Flora and the breakfast she had prepared was not only healthy, it was RIDICULOUS good. We stayed a week and we were sorry to go. Flora recommended almost all the places we went while in Salem and everywhere was just as she said it would be. She even called me while we were out and left a voicemail reminding us to change our clocks back an hour for DST!! We loved Flora and our entire Northey St. House experience and we will definitely be going back!!!

Room Tip: Browse the pictures!!! They are all honestly as beautiful in person and they are on the site!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
northey, Owner at Northey Street House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
HI Roy & Tammy,
Thank you so very much for your heartily positive review! Jeff & I really enjoyed getting to know you both a bit and are delighted that we have made Tammy's 1st B&B experience a really good one. I'm truly humbled by your praise of my breakfasts as you are such a foodie & chef-to-be. We are looking forward to your return visit and potential transition to this area! Happy Holidays!

Shalom,
Flora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We needed a one night away and so glad we chose this B&B. Ideal location in Salem and Flora was the perfect hostess. The Garden Room was comfortable and clean. The Northey-glory muffins at breakfast were delicious with fresh fruit and a made-to-order omelet. We would stay there again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

So glad that we chose to stay here. Salem is so busy, this side street really is quiet and no traffic. The street itself is dark and a flashlight helps to navigate the sidewalk. A short walk and you're at the Hawthorne Hotel on the edge of all the activity.Also,the Northey's location makes it possible to leave town without having to drive through all the traffic in town.
Breakfast was always good. My favorite part was meeting the other guests and having time to chat, share , and learn from them.
The Northey is clean, it's neat, and it's inviting.We took advantage of the snacks and beverages that the hostess had set out for her guests.
Thank you to Flora for making our stay a positive experience.

Room Tip: The third floor does have a lower ceiling but the room is bright and you soon forget about it.You do...
New Caney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our first time to Salem. Staying at Northey was the best part of the trip. Flora was extremely helpful. Room was quiet and clean, breakfast was wonderful - all was a real treat! Location was walking distance from the train and to all downtown attractions. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was our first time staying in a bed and breakfast and we didn't know what to except! What an incredible experience and stay at Northey Street! Was very impressed with the cleanliness and service Flora (owner) provided! Walking distance to all of Salem's attractions! My wife and I would recommend this place to anyone and we will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
northey, Owner at Northey Street House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you Joell for your kind words! We're so glad you had a great 1st time B&B experience. We take great pride in the cleanliness and the aesthetics of our facility. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are as you noted, walking distance to all major attractions in Salem. The walk is easy and most travelers enjoy reading the various house plaques along the way. We look forward to welcoming you back as there is much to explore here in Salem and the historic Northshore.

Shalom,
Flora
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Flora made our stay absolutely fantastic. Comfortable room, super clean bathroom, delicious breakfast made to suit my dietary needs, quiet location, and fun fellow travelers. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my first trip to Salem, MA and Flora made the stay exceptional! From the cozy bed with down pillows to the inviting aromas from Flora's excellent breakfasts. I enjoyed each days breakfast coversation with the other guest as well as our chats with Flora. The Inn is on a quiet street but near enough to walk to all the sights. I can bet that you would have to search high and low to find a host as wonderful as Flora, who went above and beyond the call of duty for me after I foolishly locked my keys in my truck. She was right there to the rescue, driving me to the Honda dealer in the next town. When I return to Salem, and I will, I will be sure to stay at the Northey Street House.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Northey Street House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!