“The only place to stay when in Salem!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
225 Derby Street, Salem, MA 01970   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Salem
Connecticut, United States
“The only place to stay when in Salem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

when looking for a full service hotel, with clean rooms, friendly courteous staff, fabulous atmosphere and great location to the sites. look no further than the waterfront hotel! This is the only place to stay in when visiting Salem

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Mechanicsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wonderful location with easy access to places of interest, dining out, etc. We found the Regatta Pub to be most convenient for meeting our breakfast and evening needs in the course of our tours. The staff there and throughout the hotel were most accommodating and their service was consistently excellent. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our stay was for four nights and we would look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's been 4 years since we stayed at this hotel and noticed a number of wonderful improvements since our last stay. We stayed for 7 nights and were placed on the newly implemented concierge floor (4th). What a delightful stay. The people that work at this hotel make it work to perfection. Our room was a king with a dry bar. For $15 per day per room, you get a cont. breakfast and light snacks in the late afternoon. I found this a bit of a "cash cow" as what they put out was not really worth the money they were asking. But hey, it's a business and they have to make money. Enough about the bad...on to the good, or excellent as the case may be. Snacks get put out in the lobby at 2p.m. and they were delightful. Fruit, or freshly made chocolate chip cookies and cider and those apple fritters were to die for! The displays in the front lobby change every couple of days, and they are a delight. So welcoming and innovative in their design and presentation. The room was lovely, clean and had a great view (but not of the water:(. The bed was so comfortable, that I had the best nights sleep I've had in years! This place has a pool (one of the few in Salem) and is centrally located and close to everything in the old part of the town.
On to service...well, the best is hardly enough praise enought for this establishment. Suffice to say, that I came a stranger and left with friends. Special mention should be made for 2 exemplary employees that made our stay so special. Kristen, who we met when she was doing the evening snacks on the concierge floor. Funny, friendly and hardworking, this young woman was so helpful. She was a delight and everyday and night showed a genuine concern and interest in how we were doing. Hardworking, she was always, every night, there to serve and answer any and all questions we had. Another remarkable employee at this place was Ryan, whom I met when he was working as concierge. He greeted everyone with a smile whether he was fluffing pillows in the main lobby or answering the telephone. Everytime I entered the hotel, he made a point of asking me how my day was, and after 2 days I realized that he wasn't just doing his job, he REALLY cared! On our last day, we met in the parking lot as we were about to leave. He gave up his breaktime to stay and talk to me and gave me a hug goodbye! Needless to say, I left the hotel with a few tears in my eyes as I felt I was leaving behind some very special people. General Manager take note: you have some pretty wonderful people working for you. Thank you Ryan & Kristen for making this one of the best vacations ever...and believe me, I've travelled a lot, but never, ever felt as welcome as I have at this hotel. Don't know when I'll be back...but when I do, It's your hotel that I'll be staying at. I will also recommend your hotel to all of my friends as I have in the past. It's people that make a place work and this place ROCKS! Stay here...

Lake Texoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beautiful hotel within the midst of everything Salem has to offer. Easy walking distance to the fright and not so frightful sights, including the House of Seven Gables and the Schooner Friendship in the witching city. Wished we planned better and could have stayed longer. Would definitely return.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel is a beautiful place and perfectly located to everything within walking distance in Salem. We stayed 2 nights. The front desk personnel were so nice and cheerful every time we either came into the hotel or walked off the elevator and past the desk. The room was clean as clean could be. In-room coffee and the only thing I asked of the cleaning people was a bit more coffee for the next day and sure enough, we got it. The rooms were quiet, spacious, comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant and they were friendly as well, and breakfast was great! I was VERY glad I picked this hotel, as we didn't move our car the whole time we were there, and it was located perfectly.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room was fabulous, I stayed on the 4th floor which gave me a choice of breakfast foods & later afternoon snacks. The service & food was awesome. Dine at there restaurant the food was awesome a lot of it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed 5 nights in a junior suite, and felt it was great value for the money. Comfortable bed, clean room, and crisp modern decor. If you need to print a boarding pass for your flight, the front desk does it for you. All the staff provided great, cheerful service. I hated to leave, but I'll be back on my next visit to Salem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!