“It is ordinary....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“It is ordinary....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Atmosphere is good...and it is right in downtown Salem. But the menu is unexciting and food preparation is very conseravtive....safe...I had what was listed on the menu as a "Cuban Sandwich" but it really was little more than a ham and cheese sub without the lettuce and tomato...It did not taste bad at all...it was just pedestrian. This is a place I would take my 83 year old mother-in-law but or my brothers and sisters and tehy would enjoy it. I would not bring my foodie friends here...

Visited September 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“My new favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Finally, a place to call "home," when it comes to a great, reasonably priced place to eat with really great beer. The food is excellent as is the service. The comfortable environment is also what is most appealing. The ambiance was good; the lighting and music were great and it was a perfect spot to go have drinks and some apps without having to yell over the noise to have a good conversation. Thanks for opening this and keep up the good work; we love it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem, MA
“Skilled Kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I ordered two appetizers, the calamari and the arugala salad, which with some rolls made a really nice meal. The calamari were delicious with chili sauce and just enough breading to give it some crunch. The salad was a large bowl of baby arugula with blue cheese and bacon. Unlike other restaurants, they did not overwhelm the salad with the cheese but kept everything well-balanced. The food was prepared so skillfully that I would trust this restaurant for any dish. The prices were reasonable; I hope that they do not go under from undercharging!

I ordered a standard cocktail, which wasn't that great and appeared just before the food. This place is really about beer and there were a lot of interesting looking beers on draft.

My server was new and a little brusque, but that may improve.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wading River, New York
“Can't pronounce it, but we loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped here for dinner based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were NOT disappointed! I got the mac-n-cheese, which was yummy but heavy and there was LOTS of it! COuld have split it with mu kids. My daughter asked if she could have the "taco of the day" app as a dinner, she did and it was PLENTY of food. My son got the kids pasta, no big shakes, just elbow macaroni. I also got a few deviled eggs as an app, they were excellent.
The food was plentiful, yummy and very reasonably priced. The drinks were a a little expensive. My husband ordered a locally brewed beer on tap, it turned out to be $9.50 per pint, which we thought was a little steep, but the total amount of the check was very reasonable for a party of 4 with several drinks.
The server was polite and attentive. All in all, I would definitely recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Love love love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The mussels were amazing, the gnocchi was even better. Service was spot on. Yeah, not a hair outta place. Will SO be going back!

• Visited August 2013