“Takes you back to your childhood” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 42 attractions in Salem
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Vintage Toy Museum and Gift ShopThe Salem Toy Museum is a celebration of the classic toys we all grew up with. On display are many of your childhood favorites that are still popular today! Fun facts and original advertising artwork are all part of the classic toy exhibit.The young and young-at-heart will be whisked back in time through displays of the toys that defined generations. This magical journey through the evolution of childhood also offers a glimpse into the cultureof the times.Visitors will be dazzled by the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and evensome 90s toys that are showcased in the museum. Come and visit us and be prepared to step back in time and enjoy the flood of memories.Children, History buffs, Collectors and those who appreciate the pop cultural aspect that make these timeless classics are sure to find enjoyment here.
Fort Erie, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Takes you back to your childhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Frank who runs the museum is hysterical and very knowledgable. I think he has a story for almost every toy he owns. Its a very big collection too. Lots of antique toys that will remind you of your childhood. Even some you didnt know existed or totally forgot about. Really fun and I would love to take my kid here someday so they can see the toys my husband and I played with as kids.

Visited October 2012

“This was so much fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We visited Salem today and had heard about the Salem Toy Museum. What a blast! And a blast from the past!!! Everyone could be heard saying, "I remember this toy, I had that one, my parents never got me that!"
The staff makes it so much fun and Frank who runs the Museum is hysterical and so knowledgable. If you are in Salem or close by make sure you go visit!

Groton, Connecticut
“Fun exhibit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Pros: cheap ($6 per person) and the owner was very nice. He talked with us about how he obtained some of the pieces. Each piece seemed to have a story behind it.
Cons: Exhibit is small. I wish it was a little larger and maybe in the future it will be.

Visited October 2012
Massachusetts
“For a fabulous time, visit the Salem Toy Museum!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Salem Toy Museum has an amazing collection of vintage toys and pop culture memorabilia from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Having grown up as a little kid in the 60s and as a teen in the 70s, this place prompted many an outburst of "oh, oh, I had one of those!" For those of a younger generation, it's a great place to go through and get a feeling for that era. The owner is right there on site and is super friendly. You can tell this isn't just a business for him, it's his passion. He has tremendous knowledge about the stuff on display and loves to answer any questions or tell anecdotes of the story behind the toy. Made for a fun and interesting visit. Great little gift shop out front too.

Visited August 2012
14 attraction reviews
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Had a blast going through here and getting to show our kids all the toys we talk to them about us playing when we were kids. Owner is super friendly and knowledgable.

Been to Salem Toy Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Salem Toy Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later