“Food was fair, great location” 3 of 5 stars

978-744-9572
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 217 restaurants in Salem
Warwick, RI
“Food was fair, great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have been to the Fountain Place a few times, it's in a great location right at the corner of Essex & Washington. It's your typical breakfast place, nothing fancy. The service is good, the food is fair. Recently, my wife had french toast which was good, I had an omelet which was fair, they seemed to skimp on the inside (ham, cheese, peppers).

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Milford, Massachusetts
“Fountain Place..a great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

we tried this place and the food was fantastic!!!!! the turkey panini was out of this world, and the wait staff was friendly and made sure we were well taken care of. The prices are very reasonable and atmosphere was quaint. i would recommend this to everyone. try it and you will like this wonderful little place too..

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“My favorite place in Salem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I go to this restaurant every time I am in Salem, the food is great, the price is nice, and the service is friendly.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice mom and pop shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Have NO idea whatvthe negative reviews are about. This is no frills delicious lunch spot. I nevercclean my plate yet I ate all of my grilled cheese and fries. There were many business people in there and also taking out food to go. If locals love it don't see why tourists wouldn't . I'm a tourist and enjoyed it. For a good deal, no nonsense, spot I'd go here again.

Visited July 2011
Harrogate, Tennessee
“STAY AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

STAY AWAY!

I travel a lot all over the country and have never had an experience anything like this. We thought the restraunt would be nice before going through Salem to enjoy the sights, especially given the outstanding location and views. The food was more like you would get from a school cafeteria and on the low end of that. The waitress was what made it a horrible experience though. She was surly at her best and became downright hostile by the end of the visit. After the meal I asked that the check be split and she said they dont do that. It was also at this point she informed us they only take cash, that would have been good to know before ordering. She also refused to provide a register receipt with the location name on it or anything to indicate this was alegitimate place of business. To top it off she tried to overcharge me when she saw an extra dollar in my hand. By the end we left with this horrid woman calling us names as we left. This is a terrible place. I find it hard to believe anyone ever had a good experience here. This is quite simply customer serevice hell. It was a bad enough experience that we left Salem without seeing any of the sights or taking any of the tours we planned. Stay away from this horrible place.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Fountain Place? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fountain Place, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.