“Good food on the waterfront” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Finz Seafood Restaurant & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 217 restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic, Oyster Bar
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: new derby
Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
Edison, New Jersey
“Good food on the waterfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We enjoyed eating dinner here! We were seated outside at an umbrella table overlooking the marina. Our dinners were delicious. My husband had a problem with his filet mignon being underdone and the manager came over to apologize and offered another appetizer to him while he waited for another steak to be cooked. Our lobsters were cooked perfectly and reasonably priced. We would have no hesitation going back!

79% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Food is Great but Service??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you want fresh seafood, Finz is recommended. Don't expect the wait staff to be efficient or nice. Just go for food.
My oysters in Stoli and caviar were excellent. I think I washed them down in 5 minutes. My trout was superb too - I ate the left-over the next day - still wonderful.
However, I had to wait for my wait staff to show up for 10 minutes after seated. My water came five minutes later. Then, she did not bring me bread until I asked whether my meal comes with it or not. Instead saying "I am sorry," she said, "I can bring them to you." How rude!
If the food was as bad, I would have given this restaurant lower rating, but let me tell you, this place knows seafood. Maybe management needs to educate some wait staff. The guy who waited on the table next to me was descent. It may just be my waitress, but I think I will choose another restaurant in the future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kent
“Excellent seafood selection, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here for a small lunch, and ended up staying for a long time. The menu was so enticing and the food didn't let it down. We shared the seafood platter which was delicious. It comes with different sauces for each shellfish. We also had a mango and tuna salad which was one of the best seafood dishes I've ever tasted, complete with a recommended wine.
Friendly service in a great location.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

location was excellent, service prompt and courteous even on a busy evening; mostly seafood menu with diverse mouth-watering choices.

New Britain, Connecticut
“yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

i had the filet mignon with mashed taters ,grilled asparagus. i wanna tell you it was terrific. my friend had a couple raw oysters and she raved about them and shes from new orleans so shes particular with this stuff. next time in salem id eat here again