“A Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
You added Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
22 Hardy Street, Salem, MA 01970   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

My boyfriend and I took a long weekend to Salem and the Morning Glory came highly recommended. We had an idea of what to expect while heading out but were still swept off our feet when we arrived. The house is absolutely breathtaking both inside and out. Our room had a fireplace, beautiful decor and a bathroom larger than my own at home. Bob Shea, owner, was out of town so his parents were there to greet us and were "babysitting" the house while he was away. His parents were so warm and friendly. They knew everything about the house and the town and his mother even shared her secrets on making coffee. Bob was there for a night of our stay and I was sad we didn't get to see more of him, what a wonderful host. The B&B couldn't have a better location. I parked the car around back when we got there and didn't get in it again until we left. Everything was in walking distance and the house is right by the water. I cannot wait until our next visit to Salem and will absolutely not search for another place to stay. Thank you Bob, we had a wonderful stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Calgary Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

Enjoyed our stay very much. Warm and inviting home and gracious host. Great location, close to everything. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2005
East Greenwich, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2005

Warm and inviting as the November winds whistled off the ocean last night. Great breakfast, and perhaps the cleanest BnB I've ever been in. It's my new favorite on Boston's north shore. I stayed in the second-floor Howe Room which had a private entrance and a partial water view.

Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2005

Bob Shea, the owner of Morning Glory was a fantastic host. There was privacy, and when you needed something there was always a smile. I have stayed in quite a few Bed and Breakfasts and felt as if I were intruding or as the unwanted guest in many of them. I can say that there was not even a notion of this feeling at the Morning Glory. The rooms were very nice and well appointed. The layout of the house was very inviting, with a common room on the second floor that made me feel at home. I can't say enough good things about it, and I will definitely be back. The only bad things I can think of are....well there was this timed switch on the wall in the bathroom of the Howe room and I couldn't figure out what it went to.(haha) If you are going to Salem, Marblehead, or Peabody this bed and breakfast is one you won't regret staying in.
P.S. Excuse the unmade bed in the picture of our room below, it was taken first thing in the morning.

pgh pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2005

My brother and myself and his girlfriend came to Salem last weekend and stayed at this really wonderful old Inn. We came in and although it was pretty chilly outside, the inn was just as warm and inviting as you could hope for in a Massachusettes INN. The decor was very nice with unique wallpaper in each room. My room had a big four poster bed with a fireplace - so great !!!
The common area was very cozy and our breakfast in the morning was also very tasty. It was located in a perfect area, close to everything so we could walk everywhere. The innkeeper was extremely helpful with suggestions and directions too.
I would love to come back to Salem and if I could stay anywhere it woudl be here !!

• Stayed November 2005
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

This was our second stay at the Morning Glory and it was as wonderful as the last one! Bob is such a great host and goes out of his way to make your stay in his home a memorable one.
The rooms and the entire house are decorated beautifully and kept very clean. From the minute you walk up and see the well maintained exterior and landscaping you know you're in for a special stay.
The roof top deck with a view of Salem Harbor is particularly relaxing if weather allows.
I cannot say enough good things about the Morning Glory, I highly recommend staying here, you'll feel like you're staying in the home of a good friend.
We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Salem.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2005

We tried to stay in this B&B at the begining of our 2 week tour around New England but unfortunately the B&B was fully booked, Bob who owns and runs the b&b could not be more helpfull, rung round all the other accomodation in Salem but as there was a Harry Potter event on, so everywhere was fully booked. Towards the end of a fabulous holiday we heading back towards Boston for our last couple of nights and just thought of trying Morning Glory again expecting it to be fully booked. But this time he only had what I would call the penthouse on the top floor, this was superb it consisted of a beautifull bedroom, bathroom, sitting room, hallway and a large open top terrace. TV and Fridges were supplied in the sitting room and even nice little touches like chocolates at the side of the bed which went down very well after a good walk round salem. The Breakfast was superb consiting of fresh fruit, homemade cakes and all types of cereals.
This is a 5Star B&B with a 5Star Host, the B&B was immaculate and would definatly come back if we in Salem again. Also recommend the Boston beer works for good food and a fine selection of Beers.
Cheers from Dean & Joanne Lancashire (S Yorkshire England)

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!