“AMAZING meal!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
62 Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 182 Restaurants in Salem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Derby Street
Description: 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar is a modern Italian restaurant and Wine Bar serving contemporary versions of rustic Italian cuisine in downtown Salem. Chef Antonio Bettencourt and his team are dedicated to using the best locally-sourced, all natural ingredients in season and at the peak of flavor. The cooking at 62 shows true soul and a dedication to the “craft” of cooking. 62 is perfect for the wine lover. Our List showcases the wines of the world chosen especially to match our original and distinctive cuisine. Our cool and seductive bar and lounge are the perfect setting to start your night with one of our signature cocktails and martinis which feature fresh juices and house made purees. Relax and enjoy our full menu or just sample our Antipasti or handmade pastas while sipping one of our daring cocktails.
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“AMAZING meal!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was taken here as a birthday treat... and, what a treat it was! I have read great reviews about this place for a couple years now, and I couldn't wait to try it. It definitely lived up to expectations. It was one of those really "memorable" meals. Several times I just had to stop and completely enjoy the bliss! Fun and interesting drinks - I highly recommend the "62 Pick Up" and the spicy "Ginger Kick" was really refreshing. You could make a meal out of the appetizers alone - the zucchini blossoms were heavenly! The scallop entrée with corn and wild mushrooms was flawless and the seared duck with grilled peaches was sublime. Finally, the toffee bread pudding ended a absolutely amazing meal and was the best birthday cake ever.
The service was excellent - our waitress was warm and friendly and loved talking about the food as much as we did. The bar looked cozy and next time I would want to stop there for a drink first. No real view, but there were big windows that looked out onto the shops in Pickering Wharf.
It is pricey, but well worth it.

• Visited July 2013

Bath, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Even though we had not pre-booked they managed to squeeze us in at the last minute on a very busy Saturday night and we are glad they did. The food was excellent and the service very good

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Small Plates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ambiance and food are excellent. They have excellent small plates and tapas. Bartendars are excellent as well.

Visited April 2013
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great food/wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the owner of the Northey Street B&B where we were staying. We had a great meal. Our server, Christine, was super friendly without being intrusive. She explained everything on the menu, and was sincerely enthusiastic about her work. We had the selection of house-cured meats and olives as an appetizer. I went along on this because my husband wanted it, but it turned out to be great. For dinner, I had the seared scallops over corn and mushrooms (the veggies were exceptionally tasty) and he had the duck. Since I wanted white wine and he wanted red, we ordered by the glass. When we asked what wine she recommended, she brought us samples to try before we ordered. When has THAT ever happened!? The wine servings are very generous for the price. We had the brioche "donuts" for dessert, which were decadent. I could have gone a whole day without eating again.

• Visited June 2013
Salem, Massachusetts
“2 Fabulous Meals Courtesy of 62”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've only been living in Salem since December, but had visited this city many times. Finz used to be my favorite restaurant years ago, but 62 has taken that place. My boyfriend and I received a gift certificate there for Christmas and we used it on Valentine's day. We started with the arancini, which were delicious, but I wish they gave you more of a tomato sauce instead of what seems like bits of chunky tomato. We also had the olives with feta. For entrees, I had a truffled mushroom pasta with a poached egg and he had the boar ragu and his won by far though mine was very good. For dessert, I had the nutella stuffed brioche doughnuts and they were amazingly delicious pillows of goodness.

The second time, I brought a girl friend and we had arancini and also the chickpea pea fritters, which were really interesting. It tasted more like polenta sticks that were fried, but yummy nonetheless. My friend and I shared two pastas, the lobster agnolotti and a whole wheat pasta with a lamb ragu. Both were great. We had the brioche doughnuts on my recommendation and a sticky toffee bread pudding. Now it's a tie between which dessert I liked best. All I know is that my friend was in love and kept on saying how much she loved the food.

Service both times were very attentive. Now this is not a restaurant (unfortunately) that I can afford to go to often, but it's worth the splurge and on par with restaurants in Boston for sure. I love that the pastas are home made and that they give you a smaller "mid course" portion, which is bigger than an app, but not as large as something you would see in the North End. It's certainly enough food and on par with fine dining portions so I wasn't surprised or dismayed about it.

• Visited February 2013