“They make a mean salad at this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: New restaurant.
Ontario
“They make a mean salad at this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good food! This place is closed on Mondays. The prices are rather steep, but the food & service is good. Serves wine & beer. Centrally located in the old part of Salem, it is easy to find. You can check out their food offerings on their website. Happy eating!

Visited September 2013

New Jersey
“Go for the sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Everything here is made from scratch or sorced locally. The food was wonderful and the trip for the onion rings alone was well-worth it. Creative menu and very fair prices and the service is perky and friendly.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Home-made taste and bring on the Bacon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently had lunch with my son in Slem, Ma. We had passed the Scratch kitchen many times on our travels and decided to stop this time. I am so glad we did! the food was amazing and really good portions were served. Almost everything could be served with a side of bacon. This is no ordinary bacon but instead thick-cut style prepared there at the location. I had a grilled cheese with bacon and my son had a BLT and fries. In addition to an abundance of breakfast/lunch/dinner selections the local beer selection was extensive! There were 100 or more local and exotic brews offered in bottles and the caps were all added to jars throughout the restaurant for added decor! The Scratch Kitchen is both family friendly as well as a place to grab a
beer and snacks with friends!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Excellent sandwiches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stopped by to get some sandwiches for lunch and got them to go. I had a BLT that was simply wonderful. The bacon was awesome and it was served on toasted homemade bread. While the pesto mayonnaise was good, I prefer regular mayo. My companions had smoked brisket; this is served with a spicy brown mustard; the wait staff asked the boys if they wanted the mustard on the side as some people think it's REALLY spicy, both of them opted to have it made with the mustard on the sandwich. :-) Well, that mustard was AWESOME and they weren't kidding when they said it had some kick. My husband does spicy/hot really well, as does my friend. It was amusing to watch them eat their sandwiches, they loved it, but sometimes they were in a wee bit of pain and the sinuses were definitely cleared. The restaurant looks very inviting, quite casual, but we had plans and couldn't eat in. When we're in Salem again, we'll likely be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, NJ
“Bacon need I say more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I love bacon, it is truly a wonderful thing. The bacon here is ok but I've had better. The brisket sandwich is good, but mustard overpowers the taste of the brisket. The pulled pork sandwich was good but a little vinegary.

• Visited August 2013