“Go for the sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars

Description: New restaurant.
New Jersey
“Go for the sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Everything here is made from scratch or sorced locally. The food was wonderful and the trip for the onion rings alone was well-worth it. Creative menu and very fair prices and the service is perky and friendly.

Visited September 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Home-made taste and bring on the Bacon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently had lunch with my son in Slem, Ma. We had passed the Scratch kitchen many times on our travels and decided to stop this time. I am so glad we did! the food was amazing and really good portions were served. Almost everything could be served with a side of bacon. This is no ordinary bacon but instead thick-cut style prepared there at the location. I had a grilled cheese with bacon and my son had a BLT and fries. In addition to an abundance of breakfast/lunch/dinner selections the local beer selection was extensive! There were 100 or more local and exotic brews offered in bottles and the caps were all added to jars throughout the restaurant for added decor! The Scratch Kitchen is both family friendly as well as a place to grab a
beer and snacks with friends!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Excellent sandwiches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stopped by to get some sandwiches for lunch and got them to go. I had a BLT that was simply wonderful. The bacon was awesome and it was served on toasted homemade bread. While the pesto mayonnaise was good, I prefer regular mayo. My companions had smoked brisket; this is served with a spicy brown mustard; the wait staff asked the boys if they wanted the mustard on the side as some people think it's REALLY spicy, both of them opted to have it made with the mustard on the sandwich. :-) Well, that mustard was AWESOME and they weren't kidding when they said it had some kick. My husband does spicy/hot really well, as does my friend. It was amusing to watch them eat their sandwiches, they loved it, but sometimes they were in a wee bit of pain and the sinuses were definitely cleared. The restaurant looks very inviting, quite casual, but we had plans and couldn't eat in. When we're in Salem again, we'll likely be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, NJ
“Bacon need I say more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I love bacon, it is truly a wonderful thing. The bacon here is ok but I've had better. The brisket sandwich is good, but mustard overpowers the taste of the brisket. The pulled pork sandwich was good but a little vinegary.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous farm to table find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Went to scratch kitchen between visits to monster museum and pirate museum (what can I say?, we were on vacation). What a great place. List upon list of local sources where they procured their ingredients. Everything thing we had was excellent. I highly recommend the scratch burger. The bacon and onion jam scared me a bit, but I figured, when in Rome. It was delicious, sweet and not overpowering. Fries, as noted in prior reviews, are crazy good, as are the onion rings. Service was slightly overwhelmed but they were working so hard and being such good sports about it, that it was no problem.

Visited September 2013