“Fun place, great food” 4 of 5 stars

Description: New Mexican cuisine
Massachusetts
“Fun place, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner on a Saturday night. There was a line, but it moved very quickly and we had a table within 10 minutes. The smoky mexican boneless chicken tenders were delicious. The margaritas were good. The burritos were great and one is enough for two people or lunch the next day. The tacos were very good. It was a very fun place, great wait staff, and delicious food. Very affordable. The table next to us turned over very quickly with families, and a group of young women. We hung out and talked and never felt rushed. Cool t-shirts also.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Mexican at budget prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Best Mexican around and very reasonable prices. Lots of students from Salem State University so you know the prices must be right. Busy most nights.

Visited August 2012
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
“Nice place to have a few drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We popped in for lunch on a Sunday to watch the Pats game and had our choice of seats. Very friendly hostess and waitress - not in your face, but always accessible. The free chips and salsa were quite tasty. We both had beef enchiladas, which were very good (SPICY!) - served with rice and beans, which were OK but nothing to write home about.

The restaurant itself was nice - fun bar area, with a more traditional, quieter dining area too. Seats near the front door can be a bit chilly as there is only a thin curtain to block the wind. Sit a little closer to the back wall (or start drinking, I guess... that would warm you up!)

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Waiting and waiting and some waiting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Lets make something clear I dont mind waiting for a table or to be sittedbut I DO NOT like waiting for service at the bar, we sat down at the bar for Im not exaggerating, for 15 mins, and we didnt even get a hello from not 1 but 2 bartenders !!!! And to top it all off there were 2 other couples that came wayyy after us and the got service after us. So disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Can't Beat Two Dollar Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was very impressed by everything at the Howling Wolf. From the excellent waiter to the cool decor and the delicious food there was very little that disappointed me. I loved the ambiance, especially the stained glass decorations. The menu was very cool. The descriptions were great, although I did wish they had more detail about how spicy each dish was as I'm a wimp and need food on the blander side. I tried the Horchata and it was ... interesting. My friend ordered the Tuesday special $2 tacos and loved them. I got the cheese enchilada and it was good, and huge. I didn't think the rice was very good. I will mention that they offered us a bowl of tortilla chips and our choice of salsa, cheese or guacamole almost like it was free when they took our drink orders. In fact, we thought it might be free until it came to the table and we realized something that nice had to be an appetizer. It ended up being my favorite part of the meal, but I think they should be upfront about the price/not being a freebie. I would definitely go back, and ate my left over enchilada for lunch today!

• Visited April 2012