“Funky restaurant in historic Salem” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Salem, Massachusetts, United States
“Funky restaurant in historic Salem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Terrific food, funky atmosphere. Local artisans display on the walls. Go across the street for desert at Captain Dusty's.

Visited June 2012

Massachustts
“Mid week dinner out-not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Thought we would enjoy a mid week dinner out. Arrived at the restaurant at about 6:15 pm. Two people sitting at bar and two tables for 2 occupied. The waitress took our drink order and it took forever for us to be served our drinks. You would have thought the bartender was busy.My husband was served his drink and the the waitress came to take our food order. I told her we would wait to order until I also had my drink. Another 10 minutes later I received my drink. By this time we were annoyed. Got a sauteed seafood app with a portabella mushroom in sauce. Had to ask for a little bread. Because the service was so slow and we elt ignored, we decided not to order dinner but instead just split a sandwich and left. Upon paying receiving our bill, I questioned the waitress who came to our table and said"did I overchage you $10?" Yes she did. We won't return.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Morristown, New Jersey
“A Gem in the City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We'd been touring the city all day and were ready for a drink and local mingling. Well, we got it at this great little gem of a pub! I almost don't want to tell anyone about it because it is such a cool place! We walked in and saw that it was mostly locals in the bar area. That made us ahppy because that means it's a place well worth being in! We found a table for two, ordered some drinks and then had a great time listening to the Blues Band! The people were friendly - lots of conversations - and the staff were friendlier. We didn't eat (restaurant in the back of the place) so I can't comment on that, but if you're looking for a Happy Hour, this is the place!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good bar, nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We've been here about 6-10 times and usually to hang out and have some beers. The last couple of times we had dinner, most recently with friends. The food was mixed - one lady had baked cod and it was good, my hamburger was so-so (they forgot half of the condiments) but at least it was cooked properly. My GF had shepards pie and it was ground lamb & corn with mashed potatoes flopped on top - not baked, or broiled, just plain old mashed potatoes. The filling was rather bland and not very flavorful. I've had shepards pie before and this was disappointing. The waitress also messed up our drink orders (never put them in), luckily someone else came along and corrected the problem. Our previous dining experiences were similar.

It's quaint and a fun place to hang out. Go for the entertainment and beer, but there's better food elsewhere in Salem.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Archbald, Pennsylvania
“In and out, 1 server with too many tables”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The atmosphere inside the restaurant was really neat; a lot of interesting pictures on the wall. At night, there is live music, but we were there during the day. There were a lot of tables in there and we only saw 1 waitress, so service wasn't the best (but it was not her fault). The food was decent, I think if I had ordered something else I would have liked it better. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there, but it's not a bad place to go if it's on the way to another destination.

Visited October 2012