“Wicked Awesome B and B!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amelia Payson House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amelia Payson House
You added Amelia Payson House to your Saves list
16 Winter Street, Salem, MA 01970   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Illinois
“Wicked Awesome B and B!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

My friend and I just returned from our stay in Salem and have only GREAT things to say about this B and B! The home itself was lovely and our host and hostess lovelier still. Don and Ada became "our parents away from home" and were very knowledgeable about the area, giving us plenty of helpful information and hints in touring the "witch city" and surrounding towns. And, yes, there is A LOT more to Salem than "the witches". I would recommend a stay here very highly. The rooms are comfortable, the people friendly...the breakfast muffins, scones and "special" waffles absolutely delicious! I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2005

If you want the quiet, quaint surroundings of a country inn, the Amelia Payson guest house is it! The proprietors are VERY friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious & clean. Just a wonderful place to stay. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed May 2001
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2005

I have nothing except nice things to say about the Amelia Payson House and it's proprietors. My room was extremely clean and comfortable and the proprietors were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about Salem. I have never stayed in accomodations as excellent as the Amelia Payson House and when my husband and I return to Salem, we will definitely stay there again. On a scale of one to ten, the Amelia Payson House would get a 15! Thanks so much for an excellent vacation!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2004

Stayed at Amelia Payson house in 2002 (just happened to come across this site) and loved it. Don and Ada are outstanding innkeepers and FABULOUS bakers. I think they have ruined for all time for muffins. They are helpful, wonderful people. They made my first trip to Salem even that much more enjoyable!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2003

Amelia Payson provided the best experience I have ever had in a B&B (and I have been to quite a few). Proprietors Ada and Don have created an atmosphere of pure elegance as well as one of warmth. Their attention to details made me feel like a welcome guest, ensuring the comfort of all their patrons. When I return to Salem, I know where I will stay, and it will feel like visiting friends.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2002

I stayed at the Amelia Payson House in Salem a few yrs ago during Halloween and loved it! This is an extremely hospitable and well run inn. My first floor room was extremely quiet in spite of facing the street and immaculately clean. There really isn't one thing I'd change about this inn
it is THAT well run. The innkeepers were fantastic and went out of their way to make you feel at home.

Been to Amelia Payson House? Share your experiences!