“ENCHILADAS” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“ENCHILADAS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Sonoran Mexican food is good ,but very different from our New Mexican fare.This is advertized as NM style and it is.
Located in an old Taco Bell many friendly staff are there to greet you and help with your menu choices .
The NM TEST, how are the Green chili cheese chicken enchiladas A++++++++++
Very cheesy and the green chili was fresh and had bite.
Get there early,they have a large regular crowd,eat there and you will understand why

Visited April 2013

“I love the food and atmosphere is great I love sitting outside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Everytime we come here it's always amazing. The portions are big so you will have leftovers. We try to come here once a month because its kinda far but well worth it and great prices $.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlingame CA
“worth the drive for breakfast- too hard to choose!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our group had such a hard time choosing between breakfast choices here! I finally settled on the Santa Fe breakfast, green chile on tortilla with eggs sunnyside up, hashbrowns, beans. We shared a bowl of the red pork chile - THAT was incredible. I also got to try the guacamole omelet, yum!
Very friendly service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Washington
“Real mom and pop place - food only so-so though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had higher hopes for this place, as I love honest local neighborhood diners. The atmosphere was just as hoped for, but the food was a bit lacking. My tamales were very dry and a bit overcooked. My friends' meals were, like mine, palatable, but nothing special. The place was clean and service was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fulton, Maryland
“a lust unfulfilled”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

When I think of New Mexican style breakfast, to me the gold standard is The Pantry in Santa Fe, NM. Since I don't live there I was excited to see that Poco & Mom's featured New Mexican style food and I had a trip with a stop in Tucson.

Unfortunately, if The Pantry is the gold standard, Poco & Mom's didn't even score a bronze. I was joined by two other people, one who is a professional chef and taught me much of what I know about cooking for a living. No one of discussed our meals until afterwards.

At the suggestion of the waitress I ordered the Red Chile Pork Breakfast burrito and another friend ordered the chorizo and eggs. I also got the half green chile sauce and half green chile and sour cream sauce. For me the sum of the parts was less than the whole to use a math term. Each of the components in their own right was very good, tender pieces of cubed (I think) pork, delicious red chile sauce, and a delicious green chile sauce. For what ever reason it just didn't work for me. The refried beans were also forgettable and I love refried beans.

I had a chance to ask my chef friend the next night, over dinner, how his breakfast was and he said that his chorizo was overcooked.

Guess I'll have to wait for another visit to Santa Fe to get my fix. The next time I'm back in Tucson, I'll be going back to another place I just found in downtown Tucson, Penca, for breakfast.

• Visited April 2013