“Not your average diner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Tucson, Arizona
“Not your average diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had our first visit to Mother Hubbard's. Right away I like the vibe, and the "Day of the Dead " type of decor. It's not a fancy place. It's casual with a diner type of atmosphere. Their menu has a variety of things that are unique. I need to try more of their food before I recommend any dishes. I am voting 4 stars at this point because they are definitely not your average diner. Our service was great. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Arizona
“Need to go again,and again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My son took me here for breakfast on a Thursday around 9. The place was busy, but not filled, so we were seated at once. The menu is extensive and creative. Although you can get your standard bacon and eggs kind of breakfast here, there are so many other things to try that it would be a waste. After taking several minutes to narrow down my choices to 4, I finally picked the blue corn and pine nut waffle. My son had one of the breakfast bowls. Service was prompt and friendly, and the food was delicious. Prices were very reasonable for the quality. The place is small and not very noticeable in a rather shabby strip center on Grant at Stone, but I will definitely plan my route to make it easy to return to try some more dishes.

Visited June 2013
Victoria, Canada
“what a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

the food was fantastic (Bisbee Breakfast Bowl), the place was buzzing and funky and the staff were outstanding. This is the kind of place to take out of town visitors to give them a really local experience that is great value.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Loved the breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had pumpkin waffles and homemade sausage, both were very tasty. The only thing that could have made the waffles better would have been some fresh whipped cream. The service was excellent. I will go back the next time I visit Tucson.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Long wait for mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It seems like the people of Tucson don't know what good food is, as they will wait for average (or worse) food.
When we arrived, there were several people waiting, and so we gave our name, and told the person that we'd wait right outside (it was a lovely morning). There were others waiting outside, and somebody came out calling names of those waiting. After a while, there was more space to wait inside, so we went in. We inquired as to the when we would be seated, and the hostess noted that our name had already been crossed off the list, because apparently they thought we had left (or somebody else took our spot). Regardless, we were then seated straight away. However, our table was right next to the kitchen and bathrooms. Worse, the whiteboard noting the specials was directly above our table, so people kept coming up and looming over our table. It was unpleasant. And then the food was no better than IHOP.
It seems to be the hippie place to go in Tucson, but aside from the eclectic crowd, there is little to recommend it.

Visited February 2013

Been to Mother Hubbard's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mother Hubbard's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.