“Decent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport

You added Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6575 S Country Club Rd, (opening March 15, 2008), Tucson, AZ 85706   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Decent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Located a bit off the beaten path out close to the airport, this is a newer property that is in decent shape.

Good lounge and decent restaurant on site which is a plus since there are not a lot of options close by.

• Stayed July 2013
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing the HGI as your destination of choice, we are very close to the airport and a short 10 minute drive to downtown Tucson, the University of Arizona and the Pima Air and Space Museum, on your next trip you may want to take advantage of our proximity to these great attractions. We hope to see you again real soon.
Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 week touring vacation of southern states in the U.S. 1 night of which we spent at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport.

We had done a fair amount of research as to where to stay in Tucson, somewhere peaceful and quiet, but still close enough to the I 10 Interstate Highway.

Arrival:

Upon arrival at the hotel, the lobby was light, airy and welcoming, it is spacious and the free coffee supplied was appreciated, the young lady on desk duty quickly had us checked in and we were in our room in no time, very efficient.

The Room:

Reasonable - average size for type of hotel, noisy air conditioner, view from the window uninspiring.

The Pool:

Adequate pool but could do with more shade.

Food & Drink

Hotel has a reasonable bar area, neat and tidy. Breakfast was of a good standard but I wish that when ordering bacon with breakfast, it wasn't always done to the American way, cremated. I asked for fresh bacon with my omelette, cooked 30 seconds both sides, watching the cook, he took bacon from the cremated pile and put it with my omelette, waitress did explain to the cook how it was to be done but it was obviously over his head.

Conclusion

Good hotel, worth the stay even if it did have a noisy air conditioner and the cook can't cook bacon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly value the feedback. I'm delighted you found the hotel inviting and comfortable; I will have maintenance check on the noisy a/c unit. My apologies for the bacon not being done to your specifications, your request was very reasonable and I'll address that with the staff. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport and we hope to see you again when you travel into the area.
tucson, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently had a baby shower for my daughter at this venue. The Event Planner, Jan, was an incredible help, worked with my budget and, in general, made this an excellent event for my daughter. The food was delicious, prepared and served right on time. There was no rush to get us out at the end of the event. Our lead hostess, Carmen, did an excellent job, going far above and beyond was was required. They used extra flowers we had to decorate the food table, and just assisted and provided suggestions all along the way.

I have held business meetings/offsites at this hotel a number of times and have never had an issue. Everything is always done well and on time.

I recommend this venue for any type of event!

Room Tip: While this is an airport hotel, there is no noise from the airport. I would recommend rooms on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to help create a special event for your daughter. I'll share your kind words with Jan and Carmen, they will be thrilled to hear the compliments, we value them on the team and I'm thankful to have them. We look forward to your next event and thank you again for spreading the word.
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Even though it is listed as at the airport, never heard any noise from air traffic. Was easy to get to from the interstate and parking was plentiful and easy from either the front of the building or the back. Had self use laundry machines which were plentiful. Hotel was clean and had a new feel and the front desk personnel (especially Blanca) and the breakfast staff were great. Highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the great recommendation and such nice comments regarding the staff, Blanca will be thrilled to see your kind words. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tucson.
Hollywood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed two nights. Breakfast was great. Gym is awesome. It is well stocked, clean, and large. Room was great. Got upgrade to suite which is always a nice touch. Front desk service was very helpful. Plenty of places to run nearby as there are sidewalks for miles and miles. About a 10 minute walk to the airport if you like. Limited food selections nearby but plenty of options within 10 minute drive

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you were upgraded and if available we always like to upgrade our repeat customers. The next time you are at the hotel please stop by the Great American Grill we have just launched a new menu and the feedback so far has been great.
See you next time.
Yours in Hospitality,
Shawn Delaney, General Manager
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The pool is really nice, the bed was big and comfy. The staff were great, the hotel is very clean and breakfast was hot and good. We stayed in the JR suite and it was so big and roomy my kids love it. There is plenty of fast food resturants, resturants, and gas stations around very convient. We will absoultely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review, the staff and I appreciate you taking the time to review us. I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed the pool, the only hotel with a lazy river at the airport. We look forward to you and your family returning.
Enjoy your summer.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I’m a HHonors member. I try to stay at Hilton properties whenever I travel.

I stayed here for four nights as part of a religious convention. During the last few years, I’ve stayed at the Hilton Tucson East for the convention. I decided this year to change it up a bit and it was a great decision! This property was wonderful! All common areas were very clean, including the lobby, hallways, and the Great American Grill (hotel café.)

I had a room on the 3rd floor that was GREAT. It was quiet, clean, and I got some AMAZING rest.

Blanca at the Front Desk was exceptionally nice and always willing to help with whatever I needed during my stay.

The Fitness Center is great. I used the elliptical machine to keep up my fitness regimen while on travel. The equipment was in good condition, along with the facility being quite clean as well. There are TV monitors on the equipment as well as a large flat screen TV in in the free weight area.

The Great American Grill has good food and it's not too pricy. I ate there for dinner and enjoyed it. If you don’t want to eat in the hotel, there are PLENTY of restaurants nearby including Denny’s, Waffle House (we ate here), Arby’s (we ate here too-lunch!), Wendy’s, Subway, Golden Corral (surprisingly good food and great service), and Burger King.

Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd Floor, away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the outstanding review, we pride ourselves on delivering top notch service. I will share your comments with Blanca; she will be excited to see her name posted on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at the Great American Grill, we just launched a new menu and you are one of the first to comment on it, so great news for us. Come see us again next time you’re in town for the convention.
Yours in Hospitality,
Shawn Delaney, General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!