“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Hollywood, Maryland
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed two nights. Breakfast was great. Gym is awesome. It is well stocked, clean, and large. Room was great. Got upgrade to suite which is always a nice touch. Front desk service was very helpful. Plenty of places to run nearby as there are sidewalks for miles and miles. About a 10 minute walk to the airport if you like. Limited food selections nearby but plenty of options within 10 minute drive

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you were upgraded and if available we always like to upgrade our repeat customers. The next time you are at the hotel please stop by the Great American Grill we have just launched a new menu and the feedback so far has been great.
See you next time.
Shawn Delaney, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The pool is really nice, the bed was big and comfy. The staff were great, the hotel is very clean and breakfast was hot and good. We stayed in the JR suite and it was so big and roomy my kids love it. There is plenty of fast food resturants, resturants, and gas stations around very convient. We will absoultely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review, the staff and I appreciate you taking the time to review us. I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed the pool, the only hotel with a lazy river at the airport. We look forward to you and your family returning.
Enjoy your summer.
Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I’m a HHonors member. I try to stay at Hilton properties whenever I travel.

I stayed here for four nights as part of a religious convention. During the last few years, I’ve stayed at the Hilton Tucson East for the convention. I decided this year to change it up a bit and it was a great decision! This property was wonderful! All common areas were very clean, including the lobby, hallways, and the Great American Grill (hotel café.)

I had a room on the 3rd floor that was GREAT. It was quiet, clean, and I got some AMAZING rest.

Blanca at the Front Desk was exceptionally nice and always willing to help with whatever I needed during my stay.

The Fitness Center is great. I used the elliptical machine to keep up my fitness regimen while on travel. The equipment was in good condition, along with the facility being quite clean as well. There are TV monitors on the equipment as well as a large flat screen TV in in the free weight area.

The Great American Grill has good food and it's not too pricy. I ate there for dinner and enjoyed it. If you don’t want to eat in the hotel, there are PLENTY of restaurants nearby including Denny’s, Waffle House (we ate here), Arby’s (we ate here too-lunch!), Wendy’s, Subway, Golden Corral (surprisingly good food and great service), and Burger King.

Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd Floor, away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the outstanding review, we pride ourselves on delivering top notch service. I will share your comments with Blanca; she will be excited to see her name posted on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at the Great American Grill, we just launched a new menu and you are one of the first to comment on it, so great news for us. Come see us again next time you’re in town for the convention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Pros: VERY clean, fantastic house keeping, nice amenities, good food, updated rooms.

Cons: Front desk staff poorly trained. Example: After handing credit card and drivers license to clerk I was given a room key and told to enjoy my stay. We had no clue where to go, no idea where luggage carts were, no direction given what-so-ever. Wheres The elevator? Where's the pool? is it open? Best place to park? NO INFO given at all!!

Biggest Complaint (and this falls into the 'no info given' category: For 3 nights of sleeping on a hard-as-cement mattress when we checked out there was a small sign about how to adjust the firmness of the mattress!! Oh my gosh!!! That info would have been VERY helpful had someone told us OR if there was info cards on the beds or something to that
effect. We feel as though we've been beat up after sleeping on that mattress and that didn't have to happen.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, my apologies for the unacceptable check in process, we should have covered all that information upon arrival. Our staff has been trained to cover all of these and I'm extremely disappointed that we missed all of them; I will follow up with the staff to make certain this does not happen again. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel and cleanliness, our Housekeeping staff does a great job.
Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and it will be corrected immediately.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I love that this place had a room with two king beds and a sofa sleeper. great clean, huge rooms. there is nothing to eat in this town and the restaurant across the street is way over priced but the hotel itself is just lovely.best staff too.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the outstanding review, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in one of our Junior Suites; we have many different room categories to meet the needs of any traveler. There is not many quality restaurants surrounding the hotel but next time please visit our own restaurant "The Great American Grill", we have just launched a new menu and if you desire something different our Chef will be able to create a custom dish.
Thank you again.
Sahuarita, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our building is very close to this hotel, so we eat lunch at the Lobby restaurant very frequently. Great, friendly service, plus an excellent lunch menu that is a real value -- prices even include unlimited ice tea! My many visits there for lunch have always been positive experiences! Thanks, Carmen, for the great service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for the great review, the staff at the Great American Grill will be ecstatic to hear your comments, especially Carmen. We are introducing a new menu and we are confident that you will enjoy the new selections and we will be offering some of the old favorites as specials for our loyal return customers. Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I would just like to say that my wife and I just got back from a ONE day trip to Tucson. And, one of the main reasons the trip was lovely was due to the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport. The front desk staff, in particular, was just wonderful. They treated us with kindness, generosity and the utmost professionalism. And, in particular, I got a chance to practice my Spanish with the front desk on several occasions. The room was in excellent shape, as usual and everyone at the hotel showed a sincere desire to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. I would recommend this location for anyone who wishes to stay in Tucson for any reason what so ever. And, by the way, I've never, ever, heard an airplane anywhere remotely in ear shot of the hotel. Very Kewl !!!

Room Tip: If you're gonna be in and out quite a bit, I'd choose the first floor. You may hear some no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such positive comments about your experience, we all strive to provide the best hotel experience in Tucson. I'm glad that your Spanish has now improved and the staff got a kick about that comment. We all hope to see you again real soon, Gracias por ser nuestro invitado (thank you for being our guest)