“They actually solicited a Trip Advisor reivew” 4 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“They actually solicited a Trip Advisor reivew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After my stay the hotel emailed me to complete a survey about my stay. At the completion of the survey the last screen asked me to submit a review on Trip Advisor. I kind of take that as a little dishonest, since it artificially inflates the number of reviews a hotel gets.
That being said, the hotel was nice. The room was comfortable and clean. For me a drawback was that they did not offer complementary breakfast. They did have a restaurant that you could pay for your breakfast if you wanted to. I did have an issue with the desk clerk the morning I left. I asked him to update my rewards points information on my account and he told me that I would have to do that myself online. I told him that I thought that was odd since he had access to my account information on his computer. He then updated my information for me. He was pleasant, but lazy in the fact that he didn't want to type in my information.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, when surveys are completed by the brand we do offer the option to post your opinion on Trip Advisor as well, we truly value feedback to recognize staff and at the same time improve upon our services as well. Breakfast is an additional fee but it's a hot cooked to order breakfast. I'm disappointed that the front desk did not offer to immediately correct your address on your Hilton profile; I will speak to them personally as this is not the level of service our guests expect at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport.
Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vacaville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Close to airport - so easy to get to. I don't think they have a shuttle so you will need a car. Rooms were comfortable, staff at the front desk were pleasant. We had dinner there one night - I think they microwaved my cheese enchiladas. I needed to use a knife and saw on them to cut them! Other than that - coffee, wine, other was just fine. Good value and conveniently close to the airport for early morning flights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor, we truly value your feedback. We do offer 24 hour airport shuttle service so next time just give us a call and we will pick you up at the airport. In addition to the airport shuttle we do offer local transportation within a 5 mile radius for your convenience so you will not have a need to rent a car. Thank you for the restaurant feedback and my apologies for your displeasure with your entree, I have shared your comments with our chef and they will be used for our continuous improvement. We are hopeful you will return and during your next visit we will have our new menu in place for your dining pleasure. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again real soon.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Always stay at this hotel when departing the airport early or arriving at the airport late. This hotel is one of the better ones closely situated to the Tucson Airport. The Great American Grill has good food and priced reasonably. The staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We are so glad you choose to stay with us when your travels take you out of Tucson, we are a quick 3 minute ride to the airport and do offer complimentary parking while your away on business or pleasure. Thank you for recognizing the staff and our restaurant, we do offer hot cooked to order breakfast, lunch during the week and dinner with room service daily. We are soon launching a new menu so next time you can try one of our new offerings. Thank you for your business. Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager
Trout Creek, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was VERY impressed with this hotel. I was there doing CO training for my job & I had an allergic reaction in the middle of the night. I called the front desk & they sent someone out at 1am to get me some benadryl & brought it to my room.. I figured it would cost me a fortune, but they only charged me for the medicine. They were wonderful about the whole situation. I am very grateful!

The only problem with this hotel is the restaurant left something to be desired & there was no continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review and recognizing our overnight staff. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guest needs and realize that our hotel is your home away from home, I'm very glad we were able to assist in helping you feel better, I'm hopeful the medicine worked its magic. The Hilton Garden Inn brand does offer hot cooked to order breakfast for a reasonable price and we do offer packages that include breakfast so for next time we can find the right package for you. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again real soon. Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Fine food, great service & staff. The mid-week lunch buffets are very affordable and tasty. We have enjoyed our servers on each visit. Most resently, Carmen Valencia looked after our needs.

We have not stayed at this HGI hotel but have found other properties to be well above average accomodations. We do seek out this facility for dining when near the airport in Tucson.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognizing Carmen, she was thrilled to see the feedback and thank you for choosing the Great American Grill at the Hilton Garden Inn. We do offer lunch during the week and very shortly we are launching our new menu so please stop back in to see the new offerings. If there are items you still love from our current menu our team will be able to accommodate your request. Thank you again, Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager
DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at HGI TUS for two years with my business. Over the last 20 months we have used hotels from NH to CA from FL to WI. By far the staff--the entire staff--at this hotel is the best! They are the most accommodating, customer-focused, attentive, and solution-oriented staff I work with across the country. Everything is the way we need it for our meetings. They quickly adapt to any last-minute changes. Just can't praise these folks enough. Janice DFW area, USA

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for the great review, the staff and I at the hotel love to hear feedback from our guests. Our meeting staff is committed to make each meeting and banquet event go off without a hitch, we understand the pressure that our guests are already under when holding a meeting and we are focused to relieve that pressure so you can concentrate on your meeting. Please remember that we over 4,000 sq ft of space and ample patio space to hold your next event.

Thank you for your continued business and see you next time.

Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our youth softball teams and families traveled to Tuscon for a weekend tournament. I am the coach and ended up being the "travel agent" for 20 families :). Heather Smith made it very easy with recommendations and options that fit our group need. The hotel was like a mini resort, open setup, immaculately clean, and very comfortable. I saw parents relaxing and reading in the lobby and spending time with their kids. Very inviting environment. The staff was great. Helpful, friendly and sincerely interested in making our families comfortable.

But the best part was the little things they did to welcome the teams and adjust the breakfast times to accommodate our game schedules. Our group felt like they were traveling pro team :)

The rooms, beds, pool, gym, laundry facilities, everything was great and was big part in the success and enjoyment of the trip. We look forward to staying there again next time we are in town, whether for team or family travel

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. Like the easy access.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Coach,

Thank you for the great review, we love to host youth teams at the hotel, the energy they give off is contagious. We are all delighted breakfast met your needs; our culinary team takes great pride in going that extra step to not provide the typical hotel breakfast. Our rooms which feature two Queen Size beds are ideal for teams and I'll pass on your housekeeping compliments to our team. We are hopeful the kids enjoyed the lazy river and relaxed after the long day on the field. We would all be delighted for your and the team to return in the near future.
GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!
Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!