“Hilton Garden Consistency” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Hilton Garden Consistency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've stayed at a number of Hilton Garden Hotels and in my experience, they are consistent. Consistently friendly, consistently clean, consistently pleasant. The little restaurant is a nice feature....the fitness room is certainly adequate....and friendliness abounds. The staff really makes it seem like they're having a good time having you as a guest. Questions are welcomed and answers are correct. HGHs are not the Ritz and they don't pretend to be....but this one in particular makes it up with service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I'm delighted that my staff provided excellent service, in this business service is what sets us apart from our competitors and with endorsements like yours it means we are doing it right. We value your business and thank you for choosing our hotel; we hope to see you again real soon. Yours in hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for a night after flying in from Las Vegas in Phoenix, I had a Be my guest Certificate, that was given to me because of a previous bad stay at a Hilton in Albuquerque. I walked in and the girl at the counter was very nice, my check in was quick. Me and my girlfriend left and came back later that night after dinner and my girl wanted a extra blanket, the girls at the front desk were very quick in getting her the requested blanket. Rooms were very clean and well taken care of. A/C was a little noisy which cause us to have to turn the TV up and down but nothing so bad that We couldn't sleep. it seems like the walls could be a little thin because we could hear the conversation of the people next to us and assumed they could hear us too. thankfully they werent night owls and we got a good sleep. Beds are great as they are self adjusting to comfort levels and actually worked as opposed to some other hotels that done work . I the morning i went to check out and the same girl at the desk from the day before was there along with a gentleman who seemed to be the manager. they were both very pleasant and friendly and as I left the guy handed me a card and asked that i review his hotel. I feel that is a great sign of confidence in what he does and that he takes pride in his work because he wanted my opinion, this is rare quality as i have been in many hotels and this is the only one to ask me. Thank you for a Great night.

On a side note: they have a really neat pool, I wish i would have had the time to take advantage of it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the staff and I truly appreciate your feedback. My apologies for the a/c noise, I'll have our maintenance staff look into that room. We would love for you to return and try out our pool facility, we provide inner tubes so you can simply float around the lazy river portion, and it’s the perfect end to a day in Tucson. The Garden Sleep System beds are in each Hilton Garden Inn and provide a great night sleep so in your future travels choose the Hilton Garden Inn brand for a great night sleep. We hope to see you again real soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport.
Yours in hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager
Meridian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nice location. Convenient restaurants in the area if you want something other than Hotel food-which is good.
Hotel shuttle service was very convenient and accomodating for anything within 5 miles of the hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor won't have "elephants" tromping around at 3:00 in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for commending my staff, they truly appreciate the feedback. Providing shuttle service within a 5 mile radius is a great convenience for our guests, you can simply fly in and use our shuttle to get around and even get to work and save the expense of renting a car. We hope to see you again real soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport.
Yours in hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I highly recommend anyone considering hosting any party event to contact Jan H and her great staff to make it a remarkable one! The catered food they provided, staff assistance, and bartending service were exceptional! The weekend stay that friends and family experienced was also extremely comfortable and will be well-remembered by everyone in attendance. As a side note, definitely let Jan coordinate your the event; you'll be surprised by her extremely valuable input!

Room Tip: Several of us stayed in suites, but friends and family stated standard rooms also met and exceeded t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a nice hotel with good service and a very good breakfast buffet, but not good for couples or older adults. We stayed for two nights during a birding trip. The lighting is inadequate. The light by the door produces barely enough light to find the second light by the bed. There is no light on one side of the bed, so a couple cannot sit in bed together and read. The bath tub has no mat or handle, so it is slippery and unsafe for showering. None of this would bother a business traveler, but we will stay elsewhere on our next birding trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I've looked into the lighting issue and all of our rooms with two queen beds have a light fixture in the center of the two beds which was the case in your room, our king bedded rooms have nightstand lamps on either side of the bed which would provide better lighting so if you choose to return then the king bedded room would work better for you. Our tubs have the factory finish for slip prevention and we do have on request rubber mats for our guests who like that option, I wish we could have known about your discomfort during your stay as the staff would have provided remedies for you. We are hopeful that you will give us another try as we can meet overcome your concerns noted in your review. Please contact me directly at 520.741.0505 for future reservations.
Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We don't normally stay in 3 star hotels while traveling. For this trip we were flying into Tucson, spending a couple of days an hour north with friends, then booked the J.W Marriott Star Pass for 3 nights.

The day before we were to fly out, the weather forecast for Chicago was predicting heavy snow. American let us change our flight to the night before, but we would be getting in very late- 11pm, so at 3pm, day of, I was trying to find a hotel close to the airport for one night.

My first choice was the Hyatt, but that was 100% full, after reading many negative reviews of other hotels close, I chose the Hilton Garden based on their positive reviews.

We arrived very late , almost midnight, and were quickly checked in by a very friendly desk person. The hotel and room were immaculate. The bed was very comfortable after a very long day. The room was average in size.

The only minor complaint was in the morning people leaving early and letting the doors slam behind them. They were heavy doors, and when we got in late I made sure to not let it slam shut.

We also had a good hot breakfast the next morning in their cafe.

All in all a good choice, and I wouldn't hesitate staying in a Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we truly value these reviews as they provide a good resource for travelers choosing hotels in the Tucson Airport area. I'll have our maintenance staff look into adjusting the door closures so they do not slam so hard. I'm glad you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the hot breakfast, the Hilton Garden Inn brand offers consistent accommodations and restaurant service. We look forward to you returning the next time your travels bring you to Tucson.

Yours in Hospitality,
Shawn Delaney, General Manager
Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was in Tucson for almost one month and only stayed at this hotel overnight, while driving I've noticed how nice the pool and jaqquzzi area was, so decided to give it a try and it was awesome.
I realy enjoyed staying at Hilton Garden Inn, love their comfort beds and services are great.
Definately would love to stay at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport again next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel; our pool facility with the lazy river allows you to relax after a long day and is great to tire out the kids. We would love for you to stay longer the next time you are in Tucson, you can book online or call Marci in our Sales Department or myself and we can assist with booking your extended stay trip next year, the hotel number is 520.741.0505

See you next year,